Rum goings on at the Palace

hebba

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 11:26 am
DO NOT listen to this man.He has a well honed sense of humoUr however.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 11:28 am
Not everyone thinks so, Boss . . . BLatham is still mad 'cause he thinks i make fun of Canajuns . . .

Truly, i really like Canadia . . .http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/ups/budaz/canadaf.gif
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 11:28 am
"England and America are two countries
divided by a common language."

Honi soit, qui mal y pense.
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 11:31 am
And I believe it,my teutonic colleague.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 12:31 pm

Don't you take too much notice of that Setanta character. He may be humourous(kinda), but he has a bit of a dodgy hold on our language.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 12:37 pm
i gots a grip now, an' i ain't alettin' go[/color] : - p
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 01:06 pm
Honi soit, qui mal y pense

Is this the common language that divides England and America?

Hebba. I was born in Manchester. Brought up on the Best Law Charlton etc team. Family spread around the globe, I got as far as London. But we are all Red Mancs apart from a certain uncle who is the blue sheep of the family (and we don't talk about him especially after recent results).

Setanta. Have you seen south park the movie? Even if you haven't Who are the Baldwins?

Margo Humourous? Surely you mean Houmourous? whatever, agree the yanks cant spell. And neither can I after a few beers, which you might just see later, because I am just going out ...

Anyway no more funny goings on at the Palace today, just the usual day to day stories of Royal Dysfunctionality. (Prince Charles needs a new toothpaste squeezer btw. Its a great job, great perks excellent prospects...)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 01:12 pm
No, i've not see that movie, Boss. The only reference to Baldwins i could make would be to brothers who are actors (or alleged to be actors) . . .
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 04:16 pm
tsethgils eht ni detceffa ton si signilleps ym dna eerga lliw uoy erus ma I noisrevid gnitseretni nA .tnemirepxe wonk2elba decudni lohocla na si sihT. tset eht woN.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 04:22 pm
you mispelled gnilleps . . .
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 04:24 pm
I'm glad, the pubs didn't close later from today onwards! Smile
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 07:30 pm
Walter

Your avatar is my favorite of any present. Is he a Germanic super hero?

Steve

Re Dowd...my pleasure. She's my favorite columnist in the North American press, not least for who she gets in her sights.

Setanta

Mad!? When I'm mad, my glands act up and produce excess spittle which hummingbirds harvest. None of this is presently occuring.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 11:56 pm
blatham

ceratinly a super hero, since it's me. Smile

No, honestly, its a French (precisely: Bretonic) toy-souvenir, a sailor.
And since I wear glasses, have a moustache, have made the German navy more pleasant through my appearance and love Britanny - so I created it. :wink:
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2002 05:27 am
OK Steve-a Mancunian you are.I studied there in the late 80´s and had a fantastic time.Haven´t been back though.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2002 06:41 am
It really looks very nice there, now, hebba - most places, at least!
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2002 06:59 am
Well I do hope they got rid of The Arndale Centre after it was bombed.It took me months to persuade my friends that I had NOTHING to do with it.God awful place.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2002 02:22 pm
Hebba,

I've been trying to understand your avatar. I have many fantasies, but I wonder if you would please tell me so I can stop obesssing over it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2002 02:23 pm
He's disguised as a piece of danish modern furniture, so he can look up ladies' skirts . . .
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2002 02:52 pm
And looking up ladies skirts is a fine motivation, why else would a woman wear a skirt? But which peice of furniture would it be? Sorry to be so nitpicky about this, but ..........I really don't know why I want to know........I guess I'll have to talk to my analyst about it on Monday, but for now.........which peice?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 09:34 am
Setanta

Well spotted, gnilleps was never my strong point forwards or backwards.

Hebba glad you had a good time in Manchester. Agree the IRA probably did the city a favour in the long run. Last time I was there the centre was all re built and looking very smart for the Commonwealth Games. But there are still some dodgy bits! Like anywhere else I suppose. But nothing like 150 yrs ago when parts of Manchester and Salford inspired Marx (or was it Engels?) to write about "the Condition of the Working Class in England".

Now I just know Walter will be back in a flash with the correct reference.

I thought Copenhagen was a really good place, but a little ch ch ch iilllly. They were just finishing the bridge to Sweden when we were there. Took the high speed ferry to Malmo. Ate some Swedish dumplings, which I have nearly digested.
0 Replies