Rum goings on at the Palace

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 09:21 am
We are not supposed to know its Michael Fawcett who allegedly raped Paul Smith. So I won't tell anyone. Nor will I mention that he used (again allegedly, but heard by many) foul abusive and racist language to a young typist at Highgrove. The same man called Fawcett the Fence, for his ability to get rid of unwanted valuables, a trusted aid and confidant of Charles and Camilla. Thats why the trial of Paul Burrel was stopped.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 8,723 • Replies: 93
No top replies

blatham

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 10:09 am
well, hello Steve....but we still like the Queen, yes?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 10:17 am
Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl,
But she doesn't have a lot to say.
Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl,
But she changes from day to day.
I wanna tell her that i love her a lot . . .
[/b]

Oh, wait, i already posted that somewhere else yesterday . . .

never mind . . .

okbye
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 10:21 am
Went into a currency exchagne once--usually avoid those places like the plague, but the banks were closed--and they gave me one of those old Canajun twenties, with the coronation portrait of the queen on it. So i says: "Who's that lady in the funny hat?" The lady behind the counter gave me a confused look, so the lady next to her leaned over and said: "Pssst, he means the Queen." The lady i was dealing with says: "OH . . . that's the QUEEN." So i says: "REALLY ? ! ? ! ? That guy looks JUST like a woman." Those ladies didn't seem too happy with me after that.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 10:25 am
There is this Canadian motif limping through your posts. Might I inquire if perhaps your mother-in-law is from my homeland?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 10:29 am
No, Lovey lives there--i've had so much fun with Canajuns over the last two years, and have managed to out-run every potential black eye, so far . . . did get a speeding ticket in Hamilton once:
"All you crazy bastards out here are doin' bettern' 130--you were doin' 138, so YOU get the ticket . . ." Nice guy, though, really, he was just havin' a bad QEW day . . .
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 12:29 pm
Hi Blatham, nice to hear from you in this new format!

As a republican, it might surprise you to know I have a great deal of respect for the Queen. She takes the job seriously. Its the institution of monarchy that I object to, not the misdeeds of individual royals. I naively thought they might pack up and go into retirement after this year's jubilee. But it seems now they are going to go out in a blaze of ignomy.

On the other hand...they do provide some great entertainment.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 12:33 pm
Ah, Boss, it could be worse--what if you had Edward Longshanks, or Henry VI, or Mary I . . . as a source of entertainment, my only question would be, ain't the production costs kinda high?

By the way, no disrepect for an individual is intended in my remarks. It was kinda nice to gently rock the world of those ladies in the currency exchange--but i've no grudge against Bess II. Being a born and convinced republican, it is second nature with me to have fun with the high and mighty . . .
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 12:33 pm
... and since the Church of England just lifted the ban on marrying divorcees, we (you) get the change of being provided with great entertainment for quite some more years. (And the German Yellow Press is saved from bancrupty.)

(Adding: I fear so.)
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 12:39 pm
Setanta

As she gets older, the Queen looks more Hanoverian, not English. I am organising a whip round for a new Royal Yacht, on one condition: they all embark and sail away into the sunset. :wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 12:44 pm
Shocked The sunset ? ! ? ! ? ! But that means they'd be headed our way . . . have you cleared this with the Canajuns yet?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 12:45 pm
e-oh

By Hanoverian, I did of course mean her natural beauty and radiance shines through in later life!

Phew, Walter you don't miss a trick do you? Great Avatar but I asked you before is that stork building a nest on the knight's head?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 12:50 pm
Setanta, good point. Better have them sailing off into the dawn. Destination Hamburg. They would feel more at home there.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 12:53 pm
I like that one, Boss, and Walter could be assured that the Deutscheser Yellow Press would have faster, better access . . .
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 12:57 pm
I was never a hatchling on abuzz btw. How do you get to be a near enthusiast. For that matter what is a near enthusiast? What are you nearly enthusiastic about?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 01:04 pm
It means i sometimes almost wake up before typing a post. Actually, "newly hatched," "near enthusiast," etc. are titles predicated upon the number of posts you have submitted . . . i've been to other sites using the same software which give you titles such as "devotee," "minor deity," and so forth . . . it's all smoke and mirrors, Boss, pay it no mind . . .
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 01:04 pm
Well, Steve, since the storcks aren't in their nest any more, they might have got asylum here (there).

Speaking of coat of arms: is it a special or just any (cheap three star) brandy on top the coat of arms of your supported team?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 01:07 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
I was never a hatchling on abuzz btw. How do you get to be a near enthusiast. For that matter what is a near enthusiast? What are you nearly enthusiastic about?

Steve - You may be interested in the following thread concerning "Ranks" as they are called:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=801#801
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 01:08 pm
Thanks, Fishin', i'm a little too technologically illiterate (read: lazy) to have posted that, although i did give it seven nanoseconds consideration . . .
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 01:09 pm
and Walter is here too...lovely.

The queen is a special secret love of mine. It's her calves.

A near enthusiast is a title given to a select few, the necessary criteria being indecisiveness and a cowardly disposition. Hatchlings, on the other hand, are acknowledged to be quite darling in appearance, but we know it won't last.
0 Replies