Orange shag carpet

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 05:34 pm
I was just watching a telly program about how to sell your house. They said having orange shag carpet in the living room was not a good idea. We have wood flooring in the living room and poreclian tile in the rest of the house. I'm thinking if i put orange shag carpet in the living room the lady Diane can never leave me because she could never sell the house.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,756 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 05:42 pm
I know it sounds like a plan, Dys, but you just never know what people will buy. We once put an offer in on a house that had green shag carpet on the walls of the basement. We could see past that one glaring defect and knew the house had good "bones" (no doubt like the Lady Diane). Personally I always rejected a house with an inground pool. You might want to rethink that strategy.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 05:49 pm
Our house had red shag carpet in the bedroom and mirror tiles on many of the walls, various styles, even some veined in red in the bedroom, to match the carpet. Like Tai, we saw past all of that.

Better go to Plan C
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 05:49 pm
Tai Chi wrote:
I know it sounds like a plan, Dys, but you just never know what people will buy. We once put an offer in on a house that had green shag carpet on the walls of the basement. We could see past that one glaring defect and knew the house had good "bones" (no doubt like the Lady Diane). Personally I always rejected a house with an inground pool. You might want to rethink that strategy.
On the walls, great idea I could do the shag around the fireplace. Thanks Tai.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 05:50 pm
eoe wrote:
Our house had red shag carpet in the bedroom and mirror tiles on many of the walls, various styles, even some veined in red in the bedroom, to match the carpet. Like Tai, we saw past all of that.

Better go to Plan C
Plan C?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 05:52 pm
What? No Plan C?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 05:52 pm
I once visited a home that had a red/green tartan wallpaperon the walls in the toilet.

On the morning after a big night out it must have been hell.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 05:58 pm
Well, I have a white shag carpet and orange walls. Does that count too?
I am about to sell my house Shocked
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 05:59 pm
Shocked
Exactly what do you mean by orange?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 06:15 pm
Orange, like an orange. Something like this

http://www.livingathome.de/wohnen_einrichten/sw_trendfarben/images/teaser_farbrezepte.jpg
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 06:21 pm
Re: Orange shag carpet
dyslexia wrote:
I'm thinking if i put orange shag carpet in the living room the lady Diane can never leave me because she could never sell the house.

been giving the lady reasons to want to leave you

besides i don't think she'd leave, my guess is you'd be sleeping with the red tailed hawk in the backyard :wink:
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 07:32 pm
Re: Orange shag carpet
dyslexia wrote:
I'm thinking if i put orange shag carpet in the living room the lady Diane can never leave me because she could never sell the house.

bars over the windows from Home Depot , and a shock collar from PetsMart achieves the same goal.. .. and not nearly as tacky
0 Replies