H2O-MAN - Can you help me with Rainsoft?

mano22

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 03:41 pm
My husband decided to take it off his brother's hands (about 6 months ago) and he is out in the garage installing it. It's the Silver series. Of course he does not know how to hook it up or anything else. I found the owners manual online, but it really does not tell us much. I looked through the posts and could not find an installation diagram and programming guide. I wonder if you have something like this? I am just concerned we are not going to have water for a while... He is a mechanic and could fix a Volvo with his eyes closed, but I think this may be a little over his head. Let me know if you can help us! Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 624 • Replies: 5
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 10:08 pm
I would be happy to help.

The valve has arrows embossed on the the top of the intlet and outlet
indicating the direction water flows.
The unit should have a bypass assembly (there are 3 different common types), you have a drain line exiting
the left side with a quick connect (a rigid line works best and it needs to be short and must have an air break.
You have a brass two piece brine flow connection on the right side
plus a plastic quick connect at the brine tank. You also have an electrical
connection - a few methods are used here.

Once you have it hooked up with no leaks you set the time of day, the time of regeneration and push
in one of the 6 white buttons, put 2 bags of high quality salt pellets in the salt tank and let it do it's thing.

Post or email pictures with any further questions.

Kevin
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 10:21 pm
Re: H2O-MAN - Can you help me with Rainsoft?
mano22 wrote:
He is a mechanic and could fix a Volvo with his eyes closed, but I think this may be a little over his head.

Shocked

Get back in the kitchen where you belong woman!

:wink:
0 Replies

mano22

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 03:45 pm
H2O_MAN;
Thanks a lot! We got it running!! Very Happy We did run a self regeneration, but it was pumping out water over 45 minutes. Is this normal?? Also we put 2 salt block (that's all the hardware store had -more coming this week) in it and (that's what my bro'inlaw was using) and we also pur some water in it so the lowest block was covered in water. Is it too much water or we need more?? The RS user manual not much of a help.
Do you happen to cover NC (Charlotte area) in your service area??
We would like some real professional to service our system. We would rather pay you, than those guys at RS. They where going to charge $490 !!! to hook up a system Mad . After your help, borrowing some crimping tool, buying some elbows and pipes it took less than an hour to get it running.
Thanks again!!
Mano22
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 04:57 pm
Look for a RS dealer in Southern Pines NC. He should be able to help.
Did it run for 45 continuous minutes?
The water level in the salt tank is OK.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 12:21 pm
Quote:
He is a mechanic and could fix a Volvo with his eyes closed, but I think this may be a little over his head.

Quote:
After your help, borrowing some crimping tool, buying some elbows and pipes it took less than an hour to get it running.

Oh ye of little faith. :wink:
0 Replies