Traveling for a few weeks.

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 07:02 am
Hi,
This summer before I go to university I want to go travelling for a few weeks.
Through august, maybe a few weeks in july.
I originally wanted to go to India. But apparently its monsoon season there. And since I evidently don't know anything about it, I was wondering what anyone would recommend.
I don't really want to stay in europe. And I will be on my own, so I probably need to go on something organised in a group or team.
Also, I dont want it to cost over £1000.
Can anyone help?

pq xxxxxx
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 931 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 12:04 pm
It's hard to make suggestions, not knowing what you might be interested in seeing or doing. Could you tell us a bit more?
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 12:11 pm
several weeks = L 1,000 ? that might be a little difficult to manage .
you could consider volunteering to keep your costs down but even just travelling somewhere to the other side of the world would cost you some money .
how about a 'working holiday' ? that should be the least expensive .
hbg
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:58 am
I dont mind voulenteering, or working. But i dont really wanna work in a bar for the whole thing, because that would defeat the object.
I want to see something good, and have a cultural experience. Thats it really.
thank you for helping. xxxxxx
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 07:04 am
PQ- Check this out:http://www.vfp.org/

It's an outfit called volunteers for peace. There are all sorts of programs in 93 different countries around the world and they're very affordable. They plan your day so that you work in the mornings and see stuff in the afternoons or vice versa.

I plan on doing some of these trips one day when my daughter is older- or maybe even talking her into doing one of them with me when she hits sixteen.

You get to meet people who have the same passions and see a different way of life and travel at the same time.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 07:04 am
I spent 3 weeks in Thailand in the middle of monsoon season. It was no big deal. We just got regular rain in the mid afternoons. I even went snorkelling in Phuket with no trouble.
0 Replies