Passport Pages

Pitter

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 05:46 am
How long does it take to have pages added to your passport. Doesn´t the govt. offer some kind of "rush" sevice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 863 • Replies: 8
No top replies

contrex

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 12:38 pm
We could help you better if we knew what country's government you were asking about.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 12:41 pm
.... and I could imagine that you have to get a new passport and not pages added. (This passport contains of 48 pages ...)
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 12:56 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
.... and I could imagine that you have to get a new passport and not pages added. (This passport contains of 48 pages ...)

The USA govt can add pages to its passports on request when:-

"The visa/stamp pages in your passport are full or close to full (less than two (2) to four (4) blank pages)."

You have to fill out Form DS-4085 and mail it to an address in Philadelphia.

Pitter, you seem to be one of those really annoying people on the web who think that "everybody" is American.

Try typing "add pages to passport" into Google.

You'll see on the State Dept's website that it's about six weeks for routine service or about two weeks for 'expedited' service.

"During busier times, such as the summer travel season, we encourage customers to expedite their applications if traveling in less than 8 weeks."

If you really are from Colombia, maybe you'd better call your government.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 01:00 pm
Which is quite interesting .... since with such, the homeland security wouldn't let us through :wink:
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 09:16 pm
Contrex the next time you see one of my posts why don´t you just skip it and avoid all that annoyance.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 10:00 pm
not really reading all the posts, Pitter - can you go to the US Embassy (accccck, is there one?) Maybe there is an embassy online site.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 06:21 am
yes Ossobuco I can go to the US Embassy in Bogotá and deliver my passport in the morning and return for it in the afternoon to have pages added but it´s airfare and I´ve been there so often I´ve run out of ways to kill a day in the city. I have to go to the US anyway in the spring for a couple of weeks so thought if the rush service is fast enough I´d do it there. Looks like it´s not though and I´ll have to make the trip to Bogotá.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 07:40 am
Pitter wrote:
Contrex the next time you see one of my posts why don´t you just skip it and avoid all that annoyance.

I expect I will if that is your attitude.
0 Replies