Is Anyone Flawless?

patiodog

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 10:25 pm
I know I rewrite it. There's too damn much of it to copy it all down.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 10:42 pm
I never saw the point of rewriting history and lying to yourself about something, the past, that you have absolutely no control over. It's a useless exercise that doesn't change a damn thing.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 02:17 am
You've got to write your own ending just to have something to hang youe hat on. The mere act of forming an opinion in an arena such as history requires some amount of historical revision.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 12:39 pm
Writing your future or having a plan is one thing, p-dog. I assume that's what you mean by having something to hang your hat on. Absolutely. Goals are a good thing. But trying to RE-writing the past is useless. Especially with those who were there, a part of that past, and fully aware of the facts.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 05:11 pm
Sharing an undesirable trait isn't the only way to recognize an undesirable trait. All that is necessary is making the basic assumption that the Social Universe has a shape and rules and that when something is out of kilter, these rules are being violated.

Item: "Friend" is super anxious to fill me in on the faults of people we both know. Therefore I wonder what she says about me when I'm not around.

Item: "Friend" is always betrayed by men. Therefore I wonder why she picks undesirable men.

Item: "Friend" is constantly fibbing to make herself look good. Therefore I tend not to trust what she says.

I'm not a sadistic gossip or an innocent nitwit or a habitual fibber--but I can recognize one when I come across one.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 05:35 pm
Amen and I hear ya.
0 Replies