Mozilla Firefox "tabs"

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 11:37 pm
What are Mozilla Firefox tabs, and what do they do. What are the circumstances when one should use them?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 688 • Replies: 6
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 12:31 am
I like the tabs. instead of opening a new web page, it simply opens a tab. The tabs can also be turned off so it acts more like IE.
0 Replies

Woollcott

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 04:53 pm
Tabs
Nick:
Thanks for your reply - but I am "computer illiterate," and don't have a clue as to what a tab is. What is a tab, and why are they always closing me out?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 04:57 pm
In Firefox, if you click on a link on a page, it will open a new "tab," rather than a new window. If you reach all the way up to the upper, right-hand corner to close the page, it will close all that open tabs--so it will close the tab which displays the page you reached by clicking on the link on the first page, and it will close the page on which you originally found the link.

If you get a message asking you if you want to close all the tabs, hit cancel. Then look up to the top of the open page, below the tool bar--you'll see "tab" labels, which look a lot like the tabs on a file folder in real life. There will be a small red box with an "x" in it which allows you to close that tab only.
0 Replies

Woollcott

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 09:24 pm
Mozilla Tabs
Setanta:
Fantastic reply! Many, many thanks. For some reason, I never saw the red tab in the middle of the toolbar. Even as I am now typing, there is one sitting right over this message box. It seems so simple, after someone explains it - and you did a super job. Thanks again.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 12:43 am
'e's good like that, the 'tanta is!

He talks goodly to the little people!

(I'm new at Firefox too!)

ps - he probably sees little people, too!

<well - don't we all!>

{you don't? You poor underprivileged thing!}
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 11:31 am
I like the tabbing system when I'm looking up/researching a couple of different things at the same time. I'll start one window per topic, and then open tabs on the same topic from the base window.

That way I can keep things organized by topic.
0 Replies