Where to buy big pop art/graphic art posters?

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 11:19 am
I need three big posters with a unified theme. By big I mean 30x50 inches or so (not to exceed 40x60). They don't need to be super high quality as they will be going into a kind of dead space in my house that really needs a good dose of color.

I'm thinking something along the lines of Warhol (not the portraits but maybe like the endangered species series), Lichenstein (the comic inspired ones), (Jasper) Johns (targets or flags), (Keith) Haring or other graffiti inspired artist.

Very simple, bold, graphic images. They need to be big because they are going up high.

Does anyone know where to buy such things without spending a fortune?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,147 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 11:27 am
This place has TONS but I am not sure how reasonable the pricing is.

All Posters
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 11:51 am
Thanks Bella!

They do have a nice selection and their prices aren't too bad. They had three largish posters from Warhol's endangered species series that I'm going to keep in mind.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 12:01 pm
There's always fathead.com, but I don't think it matches your theme.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 12:06 pm
I'd recommend getting in touch with your nearest college/university and find out when the poster show folks will be there. That's still (around here at least) still one of the best places/times to see/buy dorm-size (or larger) posters. The prices will be dyn-o-myte there.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 12:32 pm
Yep, cj - not my style!

I've never heard of such a thing, eBeth but I'll scout around and see what I can come up with!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 12:39 pm
Yeah, posters are huge on campuses. OSU had a big tent sale at the beginning of the year.

That train of thought led me here:

www.art.com

I looked up Warhol, seemed to have a lot. I like this one, hadn't seen it before:

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Andy-Warhol/Red-Sam-c1954-Print-C11888918.jpeg

The big ones seem to be about $30.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 12:46 pm
I was going to suggest Art.com as well.

They have a location out by the Raleigh Durham airport and I have found them to be extremely reasonable and helpful when I've needed things for events. Very customer service oriented.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 12:49 pm
Also allows you to sort by size. The big-big ones seem to really range in size, with a lot of them being expensive ($80-$150) fine art prints. But several of the big-big ones seem reasonable, too. ($15-$35.)
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 01:35 pm
I like allposters and art.com too - I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either. Another thing to look at - if you're looking for a particular poster/print of a given artist's work, and you know the artis's name, odds are good the artist has a website with a shopping gallery.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 01:38 pm
(big-big ones seem to really range in PRICE, not "size", sorry.)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 02:23 pm
Thanks all. I'll go check out art.com. I saw one of those cats on the other site and thought it was cool. Three giant cats leering down from my wall might be kind of fun!
0 Replies

noinipo

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 07:28 am
boomerang, try this one:
poster.com.pl
Polish posters are tops in my book.
0 Replies