My Kid's Band is Touring Western Europe starting 19 Jan 07!

Swimpy

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 11:31 am
Well, I have some wonderful news to share. Ian has gotten engaged to a Young Austrian Fraulein named Andrea. We're thrilled! The haven't set a date yet, but it will be sometime in 2008 (I think.)

On the tour front, another show was added to the end of the tour. Feb. 18 at the Tower Bar in Bremen. Walter can you help me find a good map site that shows the major cities in northern Germany? I haven't given up on going to catch the end of the tour. Ian has asked me to think about it, so I will. I have to meet my soon-to-be daughter-in-law.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 11:32 am
Hey, congratulations Ian! (I'm assuming he didn't just meet her on this tour...? ;-))
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 11:45 am
Laughing No, he's known her for about a year. I've been expecting this knews. He was home for Christmas and they spoke on the phone everyday for at least an hour and a half. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 11:48 am
Swimpy wrote:
On the tour front, another show was added to the end of the tour. Feb. 18 at the Tower Bar in Bremen. Walter can you help me find a good map site that shows the major cities in northern Germany? I haven't given up on going to catch the end of the tour. Ian has asked me to think about it, so I will. I have to meet my soon-to-be daughter-in-law.

This (wiki) map should give you a first idea about the places - as far as I could check, [nearly] all places are on it

LINK[/URL]
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 11:49 am
Swimpy - you can use google maps for this (yippee!).

Bremen's just down the highway from Hamburg - by North American standards it's almost a distant suburb - just about 100 km.

~~~~~~

Hooray for Ian and Andrea!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 11:57 am
Great map, Walter. That's just what I was looking for. I can see the relationship between Hamburg, Flensburg and Bremen. Where are you again?

Beth: 100 km? Heck, I drive almost that far to work everyday!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 11:59 am
Yeap, google maps are excellent.

I've just entered the competition to get free tickets for the Bremen concert (though I doubt, I could manage to drive up there: our guests just leave then ...).

Bremen link
0 Replies

ul

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 12:05 pm
Great- the place in Vienna is very close to me- walking distance. I'll try -
this is on TÜWI's homepage:

+KONZERT+ Varsity Drag (USA)
Februar 10, 2007 (20:00)
(Konzerte) Varsity Drag (San Francisco, USA) http://www.myspace.com/varsitydrag "The Sex Pistols playing fast Monkees songs." --Anonymous "Wow, you can really tell it was recorded in a...er...metal shipping container." --Band member's mom
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 12:08 pm
Swimpy wrote:
Where are you again?

http://i12.tinypic.com/2vudb8w.jpg
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 12:19 pm
ul, that would be wonderful if you could make it. Make sure you tell the drummer his mom loves him.

Walter, If I go, I would love to stop in and see you. I'll keep you posted.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 12:31 pm
Swimpy wrote:

Walter, If I go, I would love to stop in and see you. I'll keep you posted.

I (we) would be more than delighted!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 07:03 pm
The tour's been going well. You can read the tour diary at my www link. I bought my ticket and I'm going over to Germany to catch the last three shows, meet my future daughter-in-law and see Europe for the first time! I'm so excited, I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep til then!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 08:30 pm
What wonderful exciting news!

Have a great trip.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 08:32 pm
Oh, Swimpy, I'm so excited for you!!!
Big hugs and various jumping up and down...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 09:00 pm
Swimpy wrote:
The tour's been going well. You can read the tour diary at my www link. I bought my ticket and I'm going over to Germany to catch the last three shows, meet my future daughter-in-law and see Europe for the first time! I'm so excited, I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep til then!

That really is exciting, Swimpy!

The concerts, the new daughter-in-law AND Europe! All in one bumper package! Very Happy
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 01:12 am
May I add that I'm excited as well? :wink:
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 08:34 am
Walter, I'm looking forward to meeting you finally! How long have we been internet friends? 5 or 6 years, I'd say.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 08:42 am
Six years, I think.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 09:20 am
Thanks, everybody. I'll post lots of pictures, I promise.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 10:32 am
Great news, swimpy! I'm sure you'll have a fabulous trip. It will be extra special for you and Walter to meet again in Chicago in June!
0 Replies