Amid Summer's Wildflowers

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 08:45 am
Amid Summer's Wildflowers @ http://www.pbase.com/alkeme8/amid_summers_wildflowers
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,524 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 01:54 am
ak - these are beautiful!! tell me more about how you created them please?
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 06:03 am
Thanks V, I simply wait till the flower calls out with a visual message and then do it's bidding.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 09:11 am
Algis, another beautiful album!
If i had more of a clue what i was doing with my camera, i'd call your work inspirational. As it is, it's thought-provoking.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 11:46 am
Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 11:47 am
Great work, Cow Boy, this lil' doggy's impressed . . .
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 04:51 am
For collectors out there, 6 of these images are published magnificently, on a 6 page spread in Yankee's July/Augusts 2003 issue.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 04:53 am
OOoops, I'm so excited I forgot to say, Thanks eh Beth and Setanta, yes things are looking up.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 05:57 am
Beautiful work. Using macro lenses I presume? What are you using for the backdrop? I love the very subtle artistry in the layout for the photos.

Would love to hear details of the techniques you're using.

More then a few of these would make a lovely collection on a livingroom wall. Thought about doing posters and selling them?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 03:35 pm
butrflynet - do a google search on Algis' name. You'll see some spectacular photography. Some Indian websites have featured his work.

I'll go check out Yankee - it's a magazine I like to pick up occasionally - for the photography ! Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 03:39 pm
sheesh. i don't even make sense to myself. I was trying to explain why I referenced the Indian websites vs some of the galleries where Algis has had shows, and I tangled myself up in the most peculiar sentence. [sigh]
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 01:02 am
I checked out some of the other photos on the website Aligis posted before making my post. The other work is good, but I find the floral work to be outstanding. I'm still interested in the techniques used and still recommend selecting some of those floral photos for poster art. Did you use digital or film for your work? Do you do your own developing?

There are at least 4 of them that I would love to have enlargements of for framing to add to the growing collection on my walls.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 07:36 am
Thank you Butrflynet. Yes these are for sale.I am selling them @ 100.00 each. They are printed on archival matt paper that is 8.5"x11".They are expected to last 75 years before color shifting or fading might set in. This is all part of my process though, like the real subject they must slowly change, in 150 years they'll start to look really interesting again,if all goes as expected. They are in editions of 30. The actuall image size is about "7X9". I am selling 3 for 250.00 or twelve for $583.88. If you buy through here, I'll cover the shipping cost.

These images carry with them a secret.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 06:04 am
Ooops
0 Replies