Rainsoft brine solution

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 08:17 am
I was wondering if Rainsoft has a soft water or hard water brine solution. Can anyone help me here?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,109 • Replies: 5
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 09:39 pm
Re: Rainsoft brine solution
Andy CWS wrote:
I was wondering if Rainsoft has a soft water or hard water brine solution. Can anyone help me here?

The old brass valve did supply soft water for brine make up.
I'm not 100% sure about the Gold and Silver series or the Autotrol valve they now use.
BTW, The G & S valves are rearranged Fleck 5600 valves.

HTH ~
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 11:50 am
I believe Fleck valves use hard water brine. Thanks.
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 07:43 am
Andy you should know this already. There are a number of Fleck valves that use soft water for brine makeup. Clack does too. And there are Fleck valves made for some companies that do too and there are 3 Fleck valves that use the same valve body as the 5600... they have more features than just soft water brine makeup.

I'm glad to see you are thinking out of the box that Kinetico marketing has you in Andy.
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 09:33 am
Mr. Slusser,

I believed my question was toward the Rainsoft valve, now wasn't it? It would foolish for me to assume that Rainsoft uses another's valve unaltered and even more foolish to assume that they would choose the best of the choices.

Nearly every Rainsoft in the field with which I have personally come into contact show signs of hard water problems not only in plumbing fixtures and water tests, but also the brine tanks can be found to be extremely dirty. Thus, my question.

H20 MAN was better able, more qualified, and decent enough to answer my inquiry without judgment or cynicism.

Andy Christensen
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 08:52 pm
I replied to your statement: "I believe Fleck valves use hard water brine.".
0 Replies