Traditional Asian dishes

NickFun

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 01:22 am
I went out with a Japanese gal for two years. There's nothing like traditional Asian dishes made by a traditional Asian!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 12:04 pm
I second the vote for Vietnamese food...
I've saved some recipe links, will try to post them later.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 07:31 pm
so maybe a good question for me to ask would be names of asian dishes?
or Vietnamese.

because I can type the name into google and find a recipe to make.

which sounds just as wonderful. Smile
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 07:31 pm
NickFun wrote:
I went out with a Japanese gal for two years. There's nothing like traditional Asian dishes made by a traditional Asian!

you should come over some time and eat some corn pone made by this real live black woman!
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 07:51 pm
Corn pone by a real black woman? Move over Shewolfenm! Make some room at the table for me!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 07:55 pm
NickFun wrote:

I'm married to one (Thai). She spent a couple of years working for her Aunty, who owned a restaurant in Thailand. I get traditional Thai dishes 3 or 4 times a week. Her Tom Yum soup is to die for.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 07:57 pm
Tom Yum Gung.

http://importfood.com/media/tomyum_l.jpg
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 08:43 pm
Ooo!

Share wilso! Very Happy
0 Replies

cello

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 08:45 pm
Shewolfnm, I found this site that shows the names of the plates in Vietnamese (with English translations), with a description. Hope this will be helpful.

http://vietnam.sawadee.com/food.htm

Coincidentally, Roger, it says that pho is eaten usually at breakfast, but also at lunch or dinner.

Now, we only have to wait for Ossobuco to post some real nice recipes for us. Very Happy
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 09:30 pm
Thank you Cello

that site is fantastic! And absolutely what I was looking for!

Thank you !!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 09:33 pm
cello wrote:
Shewolfnm, I found this site that shows the names of the plates in Vietnamese (with English translations), with a description. Hope this will be helpful.

http://vietnam.sawadee.com/food.htm

Coincidentally, Roger, it says that pho is eaten usually at breakfast, but also at lunch or dinner.

Now, we only have to wait for Ossobuco to post some real nice recipes for us. Very Happy

vietnam.sawadee???

Sawadee is "good day" or "hello" in Thai.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 09:35 pm
Thai prawn soup with lemongrass

If you really want to experience it, then have it at a Bangkok street stall. Make sure you get a nice cold beer as well, because there's going to be steam coming out your ears. I'm going to be in Bangkok next Sunday night. Must hit the Soi's.
0 Replies