Win XP

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 09:47 pm
It's not working because you don't have Office. Word Perfect does not have a spell check engine compatible with outlook express.

You'd need to install Microsoft's Word program to get spell check capabilities with Outlook Express (another Microsoft product).
0 Replies

Chevelle

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 07:08 am
You are correct, sorry to put you through this.
I made another phone call to (blank) and asked specifically, why (they) could not have told me from the beginning that I needed to install Microsoft Office 2000, Oh well, they are nice and really try to be helpful, this is the first time I have bought a computer of the shelf and I am not sure yet if I would do it again.
But it is nice to be able to call 24/7, never be put on hold and in general be treated with respect.

The modem and most everything is working fine now, I will keep my fingers crossed.

Thank you very very much for taking time with this,A
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 09:35 am
Chevelle, Most of us have gone through the same frustrations with computers. Some develop their skills to the highest levels, but most of us remain ignorant of how computers really work. I don't think you need to apologize. Working with computers is always a work in progress/process. c.i.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 06:54 pm
No prob Chevelle, anytime you need help you know where to ask. :-)
0 Replies

Chevelle

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 10:22 pm
Thanks guys,
0 Replies

AlexH

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 01:01 pm
Outlook Spell Check
In Outlook, click Tools, Spell Check.

If you have Word set as your email editor, you'll get the full featured spell/grammar checker.

Hope this helps ...

-a.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 01:10 pm
Alex,

Chevelle doesn't have Word. That was the problem.
0 Replies

Chevelle

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 09:28 am
What are my options with this computer?
probably take the loss and buy another one, I still have 2 other ones, they work fine but I am such a pack rat (pics and information) I usually buy new ones before they crash.

I do much less now but would like to be able to do the simplest things, get day and date when I pay bills, be able to edit my pictures, not have an argument about who I send e-mails to and have them sent to the wrong person.
I will never get rid of script errors it seems, I get them on this page also.
This time I did a complete new install which meant I lost all my information,
I did the update and download which took 5-6 hours,
I feel this computer would be comparable to the ?-machine and there is just something not right with it.
I wondered if I should advertise it for half of what I paid for it about 6 weeks ago.
Somebody else might get along with this just fine, I can't, thanks for letting me rant,
To clarify, I have ALWAYS been able to go to the bottom right corner with the pointer and see the day and date, with this one it works 5 % of the time, all these little things.
What a wonderful learning experience................
Just got script error again
0 Replies

AlexH

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 12:27 pm
Could it be this simple?
Hi.

Have you told IE to not report script errors? Shocked

In Tools | Options | on the Advanced tab: put a check in "Disable Script Debugging," and remove the check from "Display a Notification ..." which is the next option.

Please forgive me if I've mentioned something that was already pointed out earlier ... I did not read the entire thread.

-a.
0 Replies

owi

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 12:39 pm
hi, here's another tip:

Install netscape navigator 7.1, it's able to check your spell.

here's the link, where you can download it:
http://devedge.netscape.com/
0 Replies

Chevelle

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 12:40 pm
Thanks for trying, I even double checked, C
Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Chevelle

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 02:27 pm
I went to "system" and turned off all notifications, we will see, C
0 Replies