2006 A2K Year in Review

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 06:55 am
Jes- Thanks for the recap. What never ceases to amaze me, is that a group of merry hamsters can, on a shoestring, do what the New York Times could not.

Here's to all the great hamsters. I raise my glass in a toast!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 07:34 am
msolga wrote:
Thanks for that update.

(bookmarking)

And thank you, Jespah & the hamsters (Hey, that's a terrific name for a band!) for all your hard work this year. Much appreciated!

Ah, thanks, we'll be playing our own special blend of techno-country-emo-hip hop-hard rock-disco-classical-reggae-jazz-minstrel-gospel-R & B-klezmer-swing-punk-psychedelic-new wave-folk-pop-urban-chipmunks-dance-baroque-mashup-rap on WA2K all year.

And thank you to everyone else. You all make the place what it is.

PS Who can find the mathematical error in the year in review (smorgs quoted it, actually). Me so embarrassed. Embarrassed

PPS Our newest Moderator, checking the site from the comfort of bed: http://www.vogel-egelopvang.nl/hamsters.jpg
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 07:36 am
I'm with Phoenix, Jes. Thanks so much for all the mods' hard work and the summary.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 08:25 am
Yep, thanks very much, to all you.

Jes, great summary.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 09:59 am
Thank you, Jespah! As you pointed out, A2K's technical advice for pc users is an extremely valuable service.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 10:04 am
(((((((((((((((((((HOLIDAY BEAR HUG TO THE HAMSTERS))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 10:10 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Jes- Thanks for the recap. What never ceases to amaze me, is that a group of merry hamsters can, on a shoestring, do what the New York Times could not.

Here's to all the great hamsters. I raise my glass in a toast!

Oddly, we have about as many posts per day as Abuzz did in it's hayday, and on a much higher level. This can only be appreciated by those familiar with the later day Abuzz.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 12:13 pm
"...those later Abuzz days" were a nightmare, but many of us struggled to stay on to keep it alive. Thanks to our friend in San Diego, we now have Able2Know.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 01:05 pm
Nice update, jes, thanks. And thanks to CdK and everyone else at A2K who makes this such a great place to hang out.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 01:15 pm
Thanks for the interesting summary, Jes.

Looking forward to the new A2K in 2007?
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 01:16 pm
Great summary, Jes. Thanks for all your hard work throughout the year. thanks to Craven and the hamsters as well. I hope 2007 brings a bigger and better A2K.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 06:56 pm
I just wanted to say that I really miss Chef Paul. As some of you know, when my wife and I visited Toronto three years ago, Chef Paul catered a special dinner for us. I still think about how much I miss his good humor, intelligence and wit on a2k. My BEST WISHES to his wife.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/ChefPaul.jpg

I would have posted a picture of the entre he prepared for us, but unfortunately it came out as a black and white - and just doesn't do justice for that special meal.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 09:30 pm
Definitely gotta give The Hamsters their due, but, IMO, as c i's post above makes so abundantly clear, what really makes A2K what it is .... are the folks who are A2k - without a great crowd of posters, The Hamsters wouldn't have much to work with.

SO, I wanna say:

THANKS AND BEST WISHES TO EVERYBODY WHO MAKES A2K WHAT IT IS!!!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 09:51 pm
thank you, thank you, thank you, one and all. (poopity heads)
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 10:36 pm
Yes, Cav and Joanne are missed. What I like about A2K is that provides people with brains, wit and hearts to connect with. It's been a charm for this old geezer, helping to make his retirement a real winner.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 25 Dec, 2006 06:20 am
I'll drink to that, J.L. The thing is, I never feel like an old geezer when I am on A2K!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 25 Dec, 2006 09:41 am
Same here, now that you mention it, Phoenix. But then again (regarding myself) facts are facts. Laughing

MERRY MONDAY eveyone!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 25 Dec, 2006 09:42 am
JLNobody wrote:
Same here, now that you mention it, Phoenix. But then again (regarding myself) facts are facts. Laughing

MERRY MONDAY eveyone!

Is it monday already?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 25 Dec, 2006 09:43 am
I forgot! Embarrassed
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 25 Dec, 2006 11:11 am
...and A2K in 2007...

At the very least, dependable, adult companionship. Thanks to all.
0 Replies