Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 06:00 pm
So yesterday the lady Diane bought this bottle of Courvisioer. It's on the kitchen counter. I don't know what it is so I haven't tried it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,632 • Replies: 7
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 06:07 pm
cognac.

dandified Brandy

Drink it freddy!
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 06:08 pm
Why don't you wait for her to come home and you can drink it together?
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 06:17 pm
lady diane seems to have exquisite taste and tastebuds !
imo the smell of slightly warmed brandy (hold the glass over a lit candle) is almost as nice as the taste when the brandy runs over the tongue , ready to moisten the tonsils - AAAH !

i stopped at the liquor store to buy a bottle of (french) "benedictine" - a nice digestive after the christmas meal . (i think i have a valid excuse to indulge).
also picked up a bottle of "gewuerztraminer" and a bottle of "spaetlese" - christmas will be allright , i think .
hbg
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 06:54 pm
Thats Courvoisier ... a cognac. Cognacs in general don't lend themselves to mixed cocktails, but rather more typically are enjoyed by themselves, straight up, over ice, even sometimes with a splash of soda, less frequently ginger ale.

I happen to very much enjoy coffee & cognac - separately - as an after-dinner treat; I pour a healthy shot - a good couple ounces or so - into a snifter or balloon glass, which then is warmed via rotating it gently over a steaming hot cup of coffee, the belly of the snifter or balloon allowed to just dip into the hot coffee while the mouth of the glass is slightly inclined upward. The warming greatly enhances both the flavor and the aroma of the cognac. A good cigar complements the experience nicely.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 05:33 am
Timber knows how to enjoy the good life. Cool

That is exactly how I enjoy it. Very Happy
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 07:24 am
Courvoisier is a "maison de cognac" .... and the brand, Napoléon Bonaparte is said to have liked best.

http://i14.tinypic.com/490thl0.jpg

The various types of Courvoisier are from cheap to expensive or from average good to most excellent:

Courvoisier VS
Courvoisier VSOP Fine Champagne
Courvoisier VSOP Exclusif
Courvoisier Napoleon Fine Champagne
Courvoisier XO Imperial
Courvoisier Initiale Extra
Courvoisier Succession JS
L'Esprit de Courvoisier.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 02:34 pm
timber wrote :
...Thats Courvoisier ... !

after you've had a few shots , who cares how it is spelled .
hbg
0 Replies