Where is Lincoln Heights?

kermit

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 01:28 pm
There's a new tv show titled Lincoln Heights on ABC Family. My mom told me that it's a real place and it's a tough neighborhood in real life also. Does anyone know what state or city it's in?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,209 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 01:33 pm
Perhaps it refers to Lincoln Heights, Ohio. I couldn't say, though, as i am not familiar with the program to which you refer.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 01:37 pm
from Wikipedia:

"Lincoln Heights is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Los Angeles, dating to the 1880s. Perched on bluffs above the Los Angeles River, it was originally home to some of the city's wealthiest residents, who built a large number of Victorian mansions in the district (many of which have been preserved under the city's historic preservation program). North Broadway became a busy commercial strip, which it remains today. By the turn of the 20th century, however, the rapid industrial development along the riverbanks made it less appealing for wealthy Angelenos, who moved on first to the Arroyo Seco area and Hollywood, then (from the 1920s onward) to rapidly developing Mid-Wilshire. As wealthy residents departed, Lincoln Heights became home to a large Italian American population, as well as an increasingly large Mexican American population. It and its cross-river neighbor "Little Italy" (what is now Chinatown) formed the heart of southern California's Italian-American community. One of the major landmarks from this period, the San Antonio Winery, continues to operate today, albeit with non-local grapes."
0 Replies

kermit

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 01:39 pm
Ah yeah good call. Now that I think about it the houses on the promos do remind me of movies and stuff taking place in LA.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 01:50 pm
http://abcfamily.go.com/lincolnheights/
0 Replies

kermit

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 02:59 pm
yeah, I'm impressed with how gritty that looks for an Abc Fam show
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 05:59 pm
Season 2 of "Lincoln Heights" actually premiered last night- did anyone else catch it? I'm actually a big fan of the show. It deals with issues such as interracial dating and gang violence in a very honest way. Abcfamily.com has the whole first season online if anyone wants to catch up. I definitely recommend checking it out....
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 06:01 pm
Isn't there a Lincoln Heights in the eastern side of Los Angeles?
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 11:12 am
Yup- it's an actual neighborhood in LA. If you've seen any of the episodes it's unmistakable. But I don't tune in specifically for the scenery. Seriously - has anyone seen "Charles" ?? Robert Adamson is hot! :wink:
0 Replies

janielle

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 06:16 pm
Eddie Sutton, the father is hot!
I'm so happy that the season of this series began last tuesday. I hope that ABC decide to keep it on air for long time. Besides, Does anybody look Mr. Eddie Sutton , the father? I mean, he's hot! :wink:
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 05:55 pm
hahaha! Yes, well, I guess MOST of the cast is pretty good looking, huh? Laughing
Plus- FYI- Elliot Yamin will be on tomorrow night! He was my fav on American Idol...
http://www.americanidolworship.com/2007/08/soap-opera-star-talks-up-elliott-yamin/
0 Replies