Dealer service or not?

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 08:51 pm
A few days ago the lady Diane's sun visor bascially just fell off the ceiling of her PT Cruiser. not all the way off but just dangling there in her face and seriously imparing her vision; so after brunch this morning we drove over to the dealer. The service manager looked at the fallen sun visor and said "well, we have to look up on the computer to see if you are still under warranty" so after 101 questions about her name, Social security number, address, email, mother's maiden name, number of live births and bra size he comes back with "yes, you are still under warranty, if you were not under warranty we could replace it in 15 minutes but under new requirement for warranty issues you will have to leave the car for one full day (or more) because all warranty work must have pictures taken, sent to Chrysler and await their approval.. Our next (Diane's next) car will most likely be a Toyota.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,564 • Replies: 12
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 09:18 pm
Has anyone noticed that PT Cruisers seem to be driven by only women? Kind of like back in the day when Ford was surprised by the popularity of the Mustang, only to find out it was because all the womenfolk wanted one.

I have never seen a guy in a PT Cruiser.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 09:21 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Has anyone noticed that PT Cruisers seem to be driven by only women? Kind of like back in the day when Ford was surprised by the popularity of the Mustang, only to find out it was because all the womenfolk wanted one.

I have never seen a guy in a PT Cruiser.

I usually ride in the back seat.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 09:23 pm
Riding is one thing, but have you ever driven a PT Cruiser?

I hear it strips away your manhood.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 09:32 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Riding is one thing, but have you ever driven a PT Cruiser?

I hear it strips away your manhood.

Her turbo PT has 4 more horsepower than my Porsche 911.
0 Replies

curtis73

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 05:52 am
Re: Dealer service or not?
dyslexia wrote:
A few days ago the lady Diane's sun visor bascially just fell off the ceiling of her PT Cruiser. not all the way off but just dangling there in her face and seriously imparing her vision; so after brunch this morning we drove over to the dealer. The service manager looked at the fallen sun visor and said "well, we have to look up on the computer to see if you are still under warranty" so after 101 questions about her name, Social security number, address, email, mother's maiden name, number of live births and bra size he comes back with "yes, you are still under warranty, if you were not under warranty we could replace it in 15 minutes but under new requirement for warranty issues you will have to leave the car for one full day (or more) because all warranty work must have pictures taken, sent to Chrysler and await their approval.. Our next (Diane's next) car will most likely be a Toyota.

As an employee at a few different new-car service garages, I suggest taking it to the next Chrysler dealer and telling your story. Dealers are looking for all kinds of new ways to get money from you and this is the latest (and most pathetic) way to open your wallet. Manufacturers make warranties. Dealer garages make money for the manufacturer. The garages are actually rewarded for the number of warranty claims that are converted to customer pay situations. I used to be part of that awarding process before I quit.

It boils down to this. You are entitled to warranty repairs. Some questionable repairs have to be decided between the shop and Chrysler, but obvious failures like the one you have are a no-brainer. They are hoping you decide to not wait and pay the money to fix it. Its a big ploy and you should punch them in the nuts and go next door to the rival dealer.

Its like shopping for cell phone service. You tell them that one company is offering plan A and they counter with a better offer. If you take your Chrysler to a rival dealer and say, "smith Chrysler screwed me over with this crap... are you going to do that?" They will probably kiss your butt from here to Saginaw.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 08:17 am
good information curtis, thanks Very Happy
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 09:58 am
The two Chrysler dealers I've dealt with suck. The first one screwed me by twice telling me I had a loaner set up, and when I showed up it wasn't available. The second dealer has one tech who can work on Crossfires, and it takes a long time to get an appointment.

You would think domestics, who aren't selling sh!t right now, would at least step it up in service to be credible somehow.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 10:04 am
Buy a German car! You always get good service at the dealership.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 10:18 am
CalamityJane wrote:
Buy a German car! You always get good service at the dealership.

I have a porsche 911, I would never go to the Porsche dealer, they provide the absolute worst service at the highest cost.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 10:26 am
Well your Porsche is very old, and it wouldn't really pay to repair
at all Laughing

However, if your car is under warranty then you get superior service,
at least here in friendly California.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 10:34 am
So you guys think it's a chick car. Hmm...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 10:46 am
A PT Cruiser is absolutely a chick car.
0 Replies