what do you think of it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,099 • Replies: 14
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 04:55 pm
I had that same template before on my site, sozlet was confused. :-)

First thought, you need to have more going on in the Welcome page. If you want to keep it simple visually, you can have the photo link to your "meet me" section.

You also really need to have a way for people to contact you -- maybe you took it down for the feedback stage. You can add contact forms, though, with no personal info displayed. (Though anyone can contact you through it, so maybe don't use your primary email address.)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 05:01 pm
(those are first thoughts, overall very nicely done and I like the format on the color and B&W pages)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 05:03 pm
Hmm.. interesting point..

I DO have, and STILL have my email link up for people to contact me through..

obviously it isnt visable enough

I will fix that. Smile
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 05:05 pm
I have 2 other sepia photos that I was thinking of adding , in some sort of pattern, to the front page.

I want it to stay simple, yet give the quick browsing person an idea of what I do...

maybe

-------------------------put them

----------------------------------------------in a diagnal

line like that , top corner to bottom corner ,with

WELCOME

right underneath?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 05:05 pm
Oh it was in scheduling, sorry.

I like the contact forms, good way to screen out spam and they're just nifty. :-)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 05:07 pm
I think that would be fine, but I think there should be something to DO on the Welcome page, not just sitting there by itself. Links to other pages for example (each photo can be a new link). People can figure out the navigation menu of course but the urge is to operate from the Main Page, at least to start.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 05:10 pm
...or else read something, see right off what you're about, some of the stuff you put on the "meet me" page for example. (I like the idea of having the photos on the Welcome page link to the "meet me" page.)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 05:21 pm
spellcheck and grammarcheck each page

the tiniest errors can put people off

Quote:
Are they happiest in thier bedroom?

Quote:
you can recieve your proofs by email

Quote:
*Who's children have been in*

*front of my camera*

*time and time again.*

There are a couple of other small nit-picky grammar things that you might want to have an editor look at.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 05:22 pm
that is a good idea.

I think I will do that.

Take 3 pictures, and each one links to another page.

one for color photos

one for black and white

and one for meet me. Smile

Would it be overkill to put another" contact me " point in -meet me-?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 05:25 pm
I think you can have "contact me" as another navigation item, separately. Especially if you make a form. Plus that would take the black part of the left column down a bit -- this is teeny-tiny but right now it's ALMOST but not lined up, adding another navigation menu or two would make it more clear that they're not supposed to be lined up.

Completely agreed with ehBeth about the text needing some work, I'm commenting on the site layout/ features for now but can comment on the text if you'd like.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 05:31 pm
Instead of centering the words on the wordy pages, would you consider left/right justifying them and posting them as small blocks?

More of a layout approach. When I'm considering hiring someone because of their aesthetic principles, I want to see that demonstrated in their presentation.

Muttering to self ... is there a way to put blocks of words on there in a sort-of-sticky way? I like the groupings of words - it would be nice to have them 'displayed' to show them off a bit more.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 08:43 pm
Im not so sure I understand what you mean... ?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 05:42 am
http://www.melissasphotographs.com/index.html

how about this one?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 07:17 am
I took a look around as a complete no-nothing in the Web site department. I like the clean open look. It's easy to navigate. I like the easy, breezy writing. It clearly shows your love and understanding of kids.

ehBeth is right. It needs some proofreading. If you get somebody to do this for you, I suggest that you make sure this person understands about keeping it light and conversational.

I like it.
0 Replies