Mr.Piffka's Quotes - Part Deux

Piffka

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 08:42 am
"I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. I am. I am. I am."

- Sylvia Plath (1932-1963)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 10:15 am
"Your kids inevitably want to move where they had their vacations when they were younger."

- Jim Harrison (1937- )

(Ed. note: Sorry about that, kids - I guess this means you'll be moving into tents!)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 08:30 am
"If God keeps hanging out with politicians, it's gonna hurt his reputation."

- Molly Ivins (1944-2007)

(Ed. note: Oops, too late.)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 08:13 am
"Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

- Molly Ivins (1944-2007)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 08:44 am
"The American public may have articulated frustration with the course of events in Iraq, but this feeling is derived more from a frustration at being defeated than from any moral outrage over getting involved in a war that didn't need to be fought in the first place. Congress takes its cues from the American people, and until the American people are as outraged over the mere fact we are in Iraq as they are over the rising costs of the conflict - human, moral and financial - then Congress will continue to dither."

- Scott Ritter, Stop the Iran War Before It Starts, The Nation, 1/24/07

(Ed. note: Here's your silver lining: within the range of possible congressional action, 'dithering' is right near the top. But Ritter is right on, as usual - congressional lack of resolve is, like presidential incompetence, an accurate reflection of current American public will.)

-- Mr.Piffka & I will be traveling for the next week or so. Back 2/18.
0 Replies