Questions For Which Evolutionists Have No Answers

farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 06:51 am
The reason that your books don't sell spendi, is because your "references cited" skills are nonexistant.
spendius

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 05:02 pm
The reason my books don't sell fm is because I haven't written any and have no intention of ever doing so. It has nothing to do with my "references cited" skills which are so far in advance of the other contributors on these threads as to leave me needing high powered bins to get a glimpse of them.

You lot have a "celebrity" fetish. You didn't ought to confuse "celebrity" with proper sources.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 05:17 pm
spendi, You're an encyclopedia on the unique lifestyles and beliefs of many peoples - especially in your neighborhood, although not all of your posts are developed well enough for nondrinkers to comprehend.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 05:34 pm
@farmerman,
3 years ago Set opened a discussion re A "Solutrean First" theory. SInce then weve batted around some data and conjecture (nd some compelling DNA evidence of a"European Haplotype" among the Ojibwa.
Ive learned of one more interesting bit o stuff courtesy of a colleague who keeps in touch with the goins on in the archeo commun ity and the "Clovis First" researchers specifically.

I was told that an archeologist, William "Jack" Hranicky, has published about a lithic sorce from a paleo point found near the cactus Hill site. Apparently, this "Clovis point" when looked at in thin section and Energy Dispersive Xray, gives a lithic source that is exactly in synch with a crypto quartz (with inclusions) apparently having a EUROPEAN SOURCE. Thats all I know right now and Ill continue to look it up. I bring Hranicky"s name up because hes been publishing other paleo point data for a few years. Im gonna let some of my petrology friends look further into this since there may now be several thousand Eastern US paleo points that could be compared to Solutrean lithic material. This would further cement the argument that there really were some folks earlier than Clovis/Folsom people who populated the AMericas even before 12000BP
talk72000

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 05:38 pm
@farmerman,
There was a dvd that showed the stoneheads matched those from France. However, the Dryas period in the Ice age killed them off in the eastern United States. Ojibways could have French blood.
farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 05:45 pm
@talk72000,
Quote:
Ojibways could have French blood.
Not so fast sparky. For the DNA to be French, why does it show the complete evidence of at least 5 sequences of STR mutation? (The mutation "time clocks" have been fairly consistent worldwide).

For the Ojibwa to be merely connected with "French Missionary blood", the French Missionaries would have needed a time machine to carry their genomes back at least 15000 years(more like 20K).

There are a number of good texts about forensic and populational genomics and the use of Short Tandem Repeat alleles (STRs). It isnt only the fossil barcode that is expressed in a genome, there are also evidences of periodic populational mutations that occur in a population in one area that are preserved as they move along elsewhere. Its one of the ways we can track the migration of our ancestors fromAfrica.

talk72000

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 05:57 pm
@farmerman,
The people who inhabitated France during the Ice Age were not the current French of R1b Haplogroup which originated in the region of ancient Arya near Afghanistan and Iran around 20,000 years ago, but the I1 and I2 Haplogroups that may have crossed the Atlantic as the glaciers may have provided a land bridge across the northern Atlantic. The sea levels were lower by 200 or 300 feet.
farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 06:46 pm
@talk72000,
Quote:
the glaciers may have provided a land bridge across the northern Atlantic. The sea levels were lower by 200 or 300 feet.
The deepest portion of the North ATlantic is about 17000ft to 20000ft. The area I like for a crossing goes from the Coastal plain and Conshelf of Britain and the Iberian OPeninsula to the Flemish Cap and Newfoundland That Still leaves an ocean margin of at least 2000 miles. How many years just to cross?

The geochemistry of the points and the genetic data is quite strong NOW. The "data on the crossing" is still pretty bogus and noone has presented any good ideas (IMHO).
Ive heard the "coasting" story. How were skin boats maintained for the voyages.
Ive heard the overland story-In an area of pressure ridge ice and shifting margins, the journeys would be extreme to say the least.

There was no Gulf STream and the temps were like the margins of Nunavit today. DId the crossers take generations while living like present day Innuit?
Did they travois all their other resources? (like lithic material to make replcement tips and branches for spears?) .How large were the groups, families, extended families? Did they travois all the stuff for shelter or did they represent those who introduced an Innuit lifestyle (Bone tools,oil fule, skin shelters and ice cave dwellings).
My own ideas include the fact that the ice had lowered the sea level by about 250 ft on avg. BUT, the downwarping of the continental margins due to the weight of ice caused these huuge coastal muskegs and permafrost areas. The areas Noirth of the Biscay Abyssal is , to me, an area that archeologists should look in dragnets to see whether there are any artifacts that had been drowned by unsuccessful crossers.

Interesting topic that will probably get more legs what with this petrographic data on projectile point source areas.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 06:50 pm
@talk72000,
Quote:
The people who inhabitated France during the Ice Age were not the current French of R1b Haplogroup which originated in the region of ancient Arya near Afghanistan and Iran around 20,000 years ago,
You werent very specific in your previous post, so I related the STR counts.

R1b accounts for 90% of the genic compliment, therefore counting mutations in R1b would have made sense nyway. We arent looking any deeper than SOlutrean Culture , most of which is still dateable (shell data) by C14.
talk72000

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 07:17 pm
@farmerman,
According toSpencer Wells genome project and "the Human Family Tree" project they show only Siberian types in America. There must have been some I1 and I2 that survived in Eastern United states.
0 Replies