Pyramids- man made or otherwise?

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 01:06 pm
Is it merely a coincidence, that we date the first pyramids to the time when the societal structure among humans began to change from tribal to a concept of state. Kings, priests, workers, soldiers. The pyramids didn't just come in the form of stones. It came as an idea, and it captured whole peoples.

There are many mysteries surrounding these geometrical giants, but their presence tells of highly developed knowledge of science and other things. Did that evolve in humans, or was it taught to them?

Were the pyramids items to explain an idea, or to celebrate it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,298 • Replies: 47
No top replies

Letty

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 01:57 pm
Hey, Cyracuz. Good thread. There are several ideas that I have on my own. For now, Norway. I am just marking.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 02:18 pm
Pyramids are not restricted to Egypt. Height seems to be a universal human trait usually based on their religious beliefs.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 02:36 pm
Explorers have also recently uncovered an ancient computer that could track the stars with pinpoint accuracy. There was more going on back then than we know!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 02:38 pm
The mars explorerer also found some pyramids...
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 02:41 pm
Yes CI but they were messy and run down. Not like the quality pyramids we have here.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 02:42 pm
Well, Cyracuz, I do know that there is a resurgence of so called pyramid power. One can make his own, as a matter of fact.

I think I read somewhere that the patriarch, J.P. Morgan spent time in one of the Egyptian pyramids in order to gain restorative power, but the man only ended up getting fleas. Razz

Here is a link:

http://www.algonet.se/~anki-p/pyramidologyhistory.html

Frankly, I believe that man built the pyramids, wherever they may be.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 02:47 pm
There is a recent story that concrete was a part of the construction of the Egyptian pyramids.
http://www.geopolymer.org/category/archaeology/pyramids/
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 03:22 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
There is a recent story that concrete was a part of the construction of the Egyptian pyramids.
http://www.geopolymer.org/category/archaeology/pyramids/

Fascinating theory. It simplifies the problems of the use and quantitiy of such huge building blocks.

Great link, edgar.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 05:33 pm
Nick, The aliens of mars still didn't perfect the making of concrete. Wink
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 06:15 pm
Andy Warhol was taken to look at some pyramids but he wouldn't get out of the car.

He said "Oh Bob- it's only a pile of stones. Has the Shah's cheque come yet?"

And a bloke in the pub reckons that they are not even stones. He says that they are a form of primitive concrete which looks like stone like the pub bar-top looks like a polished plank and Jack Pallance looked quick on the draw.

I heard that at the top there's a bit of graffiti saying "Kilroy was here".
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 02:34 pm
Ahh one of those threads that I've been waiting for.

The chinese also constructed some amazing architectural masterpieces in the first reign of the first empire. The great wall anyone? Or the tericota army?

But as far as the question of learned or evolved knowledge goes, my vote goes with learned.

Why do you think ancient cultures were so wrapped up in astrology, and why do you think everything revolved around looking up? Because they had nothing better to do? NO WAY. They had lives to live, food to gather and social interactions like us, but they had some other interactions...

extra-terrestrial interactions. Think about it, it was all about space for them, calculating these astrological events. Could these not be the comings and goings of certain extra-terrestrials?

Ancient cultures from all around the world who never had contact with each other have so many concurrent themes, beliefs and even diagrams and pictures. The common thread is the aliens. You may know them as the "GODS".

The next time you watch a special on ancient culture on the History channel, substitute other-worldly visitors whenever they say "God(s)". Even try it if you're watching something on Christianity, Judaism, Islam or even reading a bible.

Mind-blowing stuff.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 02:47 pm
I agree the ancients were at least a thousand years ahead of their time and there is much about them we don't know. An archeologist found large traces of cocaine and tobacco in at least one third of the ancient mummies she has investigated. Strrangely, these were "new world" substances and supposedly the new world hadn't been discovered yet! And why did these civilizations fall into such meked decline so quickly?
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 02:52 pm
We aren't as far ahead as we like to think.

Perhaps technology is better, but technology is just a tool, the ancients could have had many many tools we are without today, we just don't know.

Too much information was destroyed for us to know. I wonder if old records weren't destroyed, how different would our world be?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 11:50 am
Once I read about someone working at a museum. The person had model aeroplanes as a hobby, and that is why, when he found an old statue on a shelf marked 'bird-statues' in the basement of the museum, he knew it was out of place.
The statue had wings, but didn't resemble a bird. I was from the time of the pharos, but it had the characteristics of a modern gliding plane. A replica of the model found in the basement flew a long distance according to the article I read.
The statue had been found it a pharo tomb, and since we know that the pharos used to take miniatures of their things into their graves, the author of the article thought it was probable that there is a full sized ancient airplane buried under the dunes of the sahara. ยจ

Another story is that of the electrician who had arheology as a hobby. Upon visiting an archeological site he noticed a set of symbols that no one had successfully deciphered. Since he was an electrician by profession, he thought that the symbols resembled the wiring charts found in modern buildings, the map of which circuts go where.
Investigating further he found that the symbols corresponded to canals leading to something that was mounted on the walls at intervals. These things are called serafs, and 'seraf' in the old egyptian tounge meant 'to glow' or something like it.

These are speculative tales, and I was unable to relocate the source at this time. However, there are artifacts that have puzzled and misled historians, so we cannot know that what we think happened is what actually did happen.

Personally I think that the assumption of a steadily increasing advance in technology that historians seem to take for granted is not a given at all. Among all the finding from ancient Egypt, for instance, I have not heard of any that prove that egyptians didn't have the knowledge of, say, electricity.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 01:25 pm
Now those are some aweseome and intriguing stories I haven't heard before, I would say both of those are more probable than a lot of people would admit. I don't know why some people don't want to embrace the idea that past civilizations were more advanced than we think, I suppose everyone wants to feel that they're undoubtedly part of the most advanced civilization to ever exist, I find that laughable.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 01:29 pm
Perhaps it's inevitable that our own covilization will fall into decline and two thousand years from now archeaologists will be debating the same thigns about us!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 06:23 pm
And those archaeologists will say "gee, that's where they created computers!"
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 06:41 pm
I'm of the belief that they themselves built the pyramids, not aliens. I also believe we look back through a too rosy glass. If we we were into building such structures, it wouldn't take that long to figure out a good way to do it. Same with whatever else they accomplished. They were probably as intelligent as we moderns, but some of what I read seems an attempt to make them smarter. I don't buy it.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 06:55 pm
I do find it remarkable that such amazing things were being created at the dawn of civilization. Why did we stop growing after all that?
0 Replies