Walter's GERMAN thread

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 12:28 pm
Though, CJ, Aschaffenburg is still in Bavaria and not too far from Frankfurt :wink:
0 Replies

tomasso

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 09:49 pm
Yes CJ, when in Germany, it would be good to expand your horizons a bit!
Those bayerische folk are controlling you! :wink:

It's been over 4 years since I've been back to Germany and I'm really looking forward to it!

Do you know any good places for Aeppelwoi in Ffm, Walter?
I know there's Sachsenhausen, but that might be a little too touristy.

Oh, and btw Steve, you don't have to speak German to join us!
As you know, Frankfurt is VERY international!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 12:14 am
Former s-i-l's lived in Sachsenhausen (now an hour drive from Frankfurt away, but I'm still in regular contact with them).

Sachsenhausen is very touristic especially arounf that time - but I'll get some addresses by him/them (he was running two taxis).
And I think to remember the one or other nice place as well - but they might have long gone ...
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 05:19 am
tomasso wrote:

Oh, and btw Steve, you don't have to speak German to join us!
As you know, Frankfurt is VERY international!
I know. Used to visit ACHEMA. Frankfurt is the only place I was ever (very nearly) struck by lightening and got an abusive phone call in my hotel room in the same day. I probably deserved the lightening strike.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 05:31 am
tomasso, quoting an authority about Bavaria wrote:
The only thing I would warn you about is the meat heavy cuisine. And yes most of those rumors about beer are true as well (except for the one about Bavarians drinking beer warm) - a traditional Bavarian breakfast is weißwurst and weißbier.

"Brotzeit" isn't exactly breakfast. It's a 15-30 minute break that Bavarian craftsmen traditionally take sometime between 9 and 10 a.m.. But yes, Weißwurst and Weißbier is a time-honored snack during "Brotzeit".

(Warm beer, according to one of my neighbors, is an old-fashioned Bavarian way of getting calories into sick people with stomachs so upset they can't eat solid meals. Maybe that's where the rumor comes from.)
0 Replies

tomasso

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 02:56 pm
Yes, you're right Thomas. I guess as an "Ami" I just like to consider it breakfast.

It was something new to me when I did my "Praktikum" at BOSCH - Stuttgart Feuerbach. I always had a Debrecziner and a Laugenweckle.
Man, did they taste good!

Back in those days they had beer vending machines on the shop floor and the workers drank their share of half liter bottles of beer during the workday.

I couldn't believe it! Surprised
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 01:55 am

How come this has suddenly popped up?

Guten Morgen. everybody.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 10:01 am
It can't be all that suddenly, McTag - the last entry before yours was in 2007.
You probably need to empty your cache Very Happy

I'd like to have some Weisswurst with Weissbier though....
wandeljw

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 11:22 am
@CalamityJane,
I was glancing at A2K early in the morning. There was a post from a new member immediately before McTag posted. Either the new member deleted his own post, or maybe someone thought it was spam.
McTag

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 12:59 pm
@CalamityJane,

I got an e-mail sent by A2K!

A glitch. Or a glitsch.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 01:02 pm
@wandeljw,
Saw it, too - it was just a link to Dutch bus/coach online timetables.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 01:05 pm
@wandeljw,
This could be the answer then for McTag's notification.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 01:39 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Saw it, too - it was just a link to Dutch bus/coach online timetables.

Too bad it was deleted. I could have had a lengthy discussion with McTag about bus timetables! Very Happy
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 02:20 pm
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:

Too bad it was deleted. I could have had a lengthy discussion with McTag about bus timetables! Very Happy

No problem: here it is again

You can look >HERE< at our local bus schedules .... Very Happy
0 Replies