Experts Call Biblical Artifact a Fake!

patiodog

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 09:19 am
xingu wrote:
Unfortunately this is another pathetic example of the lies and deception some militant Christians will use to con others into believing their religion.

Or turn a quick buck. Whichever.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 09:57 am
Notice all the churches are visually magnificent even though where it's located is surrounded by poverty? c.i.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 10:18 am
Why, this is because the greatest of churches are called to minister to the poor. Wink
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 10:25 am
All the churches?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 10:30 am
Lenny Bruce, remarking on the splendor of the churches in poor neighborhoods, spoke for poor church members: "I live in a shithouse; you expect me to go to one?"
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 10:41 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Notice all the churches are visually magnificent even though where it's located is surrounded by poverty? c.i.

C.I. a few of your words that seem to provoke me!!
Think man before and how you use these words in judgements:
all
always
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 10:41 am
Edgar - where is Lenny?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 11:45 am
Dead of a drug overdose.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 12:06 pm
the lenny bruce that comes here to a2k?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 12:14 pm
I mean the Lenny Bruce who was a controversial figure in the 1960s and died back then. I had forgotten that an a2k member uses his name to post under.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 12:16 pm
I saw a film of one of his club dates recently. Near the end of his life. Practically incoherent; looked terrified. A lot of it was likely drugs, but I doubt the absurd persecution of the man helped very much with that.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 12:32 pm
Husker- It is soo funny. I keep forgetting that we have people here of such diverse ages. In his time, Lenny Bruce was extremely controversial.

http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/lennybruce/
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 12:43 pm
I SEE THAT A COMMITTEE OF SCIENTISTS HAD TAKEN THE BOX APART FORENSICALLY AND 2 MAJOR FLAWS WERE NOTED

1 THE ETCHED OR CARVED CALLIGRAPHY HAD BEEN CUT INTO THE ORIGINAL PATINA OF THE BOX. THIS INDICATED THAT THE WRITING WAS MUCH LATER THAN THE BOX

2 LINGUISTICALLY, THE AUTHOR OF THE CALLIGRAPHY WAS THINKING IN MODERN HEBREW SO THERE WERE MANY GRAMMATICAL ERRORS.

IF YOU TRY TO PULL A SCAM THERE WILL BE WAYS TO DETECT FRAUD. THE SHROUFD OF TURIN , HOWEVER , IS STILL UNDER DEBATE. THE C14 TESTS THAT WERE DONE OF THE FIBRE HAD APPARENTLY SUCKED IN SOME MODERN CARBON WHEN A FIRE OCCURED SOMETIME IN THE MIDDLE AGES. THE CO2 WAS ADSORBED ONTO THE CLOTH AND WAS A POSSIBLE CONTAMINANT FOR THE SHROUD DATING. SO THE SHROUD IS NO YOUNGER THAN THE 12 TH CENTURY BUT COULD BE MUCH OLDER. JURY IS STILL OUT
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 12:48 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I mean the Lenny Bruce who was a controversial figure in the 1960s and died back then. I had forgotten that an a2k member uses his name to post under.

I knew this also - I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something!!! gosh I was worried for a second - Lenny is so cool on videocam (funny)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 01:23 pm
All's well that don't end in disaster.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 01:32 pm
Thanks for the Bruce link, phoenix.
0 Replies

gc47

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 09:58 am
interesting conversation on the necessity of proof/evidence and faith...it appears to me that the theory of evolution is a faith in much need of proof...does that make evolution a religion/theology and scientists its priests??...

i'm kinda playing with the colors...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 10:12 am
gc47 wrote:
interesting conversation on the necessity of proof/evidence and faith...it appears to me that the theory of evolution is a faith in much need of proof...does that make evolution a religion/theology and scientists its priests??...

i'm kinda playing with the colors...

Well, there are a bunch of things it COULD do, but one thing it should do is to strengthen the case for agnosticism -- both in religion and in science.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 10:32 am
How much more proof of evolution is needed? It is not like a religion, calling for an invisible, unfindable God; it is an evaluation of real, verifiable, physical evidence. The only real dispute in evolutionary thought is after the fact of recognizing the truth in that physical evidence: Why it occurs, which mechanisms in nature trigger evolutionary changes, and so on, are being studied for further clarification. The only faith required is faith in our own senses to recognize the truth as science verifies it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 11:01 am
gc47, May I suggest you pick up the book by Charles Darwin, "Origin of Species?" I had the opportunity to visit the Galapagos Islands last month, and saw first hand how the environment influences finches. There are 14 varieties of finches on the Galapagos which proves how the finch's beaks have evolved differently depending on the food source available on the island on which they live. The Charles Darwin Research Center currently has 100 scientists studying evolution on the islands, because they are able to observe first hand how evolution works. The amazing part of the Galapagos Islands is the diversity of geology, fauna and flora, from desert like to forests. If you ever get the opportunity to visit the Galapagos Islands, I highly recommend it. It might change your mind about evolution. c.i.
0 Replies