Selling current car for a new car

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 04:52 pm
shewolf, just to give you an idea on the simplicity of a brake job for your car, I am enclosing the schematic...

http://www.southdevonrailway.org/GWR-Loco-Brake.jpg

As you can see, your particular brand of car has one of the simplest systems out there.

Others are more complicated, but not by much.

Expect to to spend no more than one hour per axle on your brake job.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 06:54 pm
that brake system only has a 1" cock from what I can see. However, it does have a couple of release cocks and an emergency application cock as well. It's right near the ejector and the exhausted smokebox.

It must be a considerate brake system, because it's allow got a tender drip track and a pump lubricator.

No wonder men know more about cars, they carry around similar equipment
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 07:05 pm
I'm with Gus... and past that -

I've owned something like 14 or 15 cars, counting the Triumph for five hours - a batch of them bought new with time payments.

I could have been buying property in California forty years ago but had no background for any sense of that. I didn't stop with the new car business until I got a Toyota Celica and just plain liked it and had a good mechanic who was honest and lived two houses west of us. Kept that 13 years until a friend offered me a great Volvo because she was buying a Mercedes, and only wanted $1600. for the Volvo, then a bunch of years old, but not antique - and she was perfect re car maintenance obedience.
That Volvo kept me from immolization in a major intersection twirlaroo.

Time passed, I bought a used Volvo and still have it. It's sixteen years old now.

Thing is, I used to sell a car when the whatever-thousand mile breakdown was nigh on happening.
Now, depending on the car, I think it's smarter to ride through it.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 06:23 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

As you can see, your particular brand of car has one of the simplest systems out there.

Wow. Im no mechanic, but even I can understand that lay out.

I guess, next time pads and shoes are due, Im jacking it up on the front lawn like a good american does...
0 Replies