Dateline NBC - To Catch A Predator

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 06:23 am
How many times has Dateline done these shows? Same set up, same results....and yet....
more and more guys fall for it.

Why is it that men of all ages, all walks of life STILL show up at some unknown person's home expecting to screw a 13 year old girl and get away with it?

Why are men so gullible and slaves to their penises? Why will they risk everything for a couple hours of sex????

I just don't get it! Rolling Eyes

This is one of the major differences between men and women. I know of no women that would do the same thing (except prostitutes, but that involves money.)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 802 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 07:30 am
And why is it that Dateline has yet to perform the same service in the other pedophile format; wherein, adult women go after young boys?

Your statement that you know of no women who would do this, indicates a very sheltered existence indeed. Women often behave in this manner; however society tends to give that a wink figuring the young boy had to have some interest. Do a Google search on 'Female pedophiles' to learn more. Female predators are one of the hidden dangers always lurking out there, secure in the knowledge that the odds of them being caught are rare and that prosecution of them is even rarer. Look at the stats to find the average penalty served to the female as opposed to the male, the female often (try usually) gets a slap on the wrist and is set back out on the street to rape again.

One of the ways for you (happycat) to comprehend why these men shown on Dateline keep showing up even though they know the consequences, is to realize and remember that pedophilia is a form of mental illness. Mental illness cannot always be controlled and the urges these men have take over. Females with the same sort of mental instability are subject to the same urges and act upon them. Once more, I ask that you Google the information pages.

Beyond this I must keep silent as there are too many personal demons to be addressed with regard to this matter and this is not the venue in which I wish to do that.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 11:52 am
Thank you sturgis.

I'll go crawl back into my sheltered existence box now.

Although it's crowded in here with all these dumb Dateline people.
0 Replies

kermit

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 10:03 am
I agree on the mental illness point. And Dateline is exploiting this. There's no chance the people involved with this show actually feel good about what they're doing, is there? They want to impress me, they should put up some of the millions they're making on these shows to get the perps high level treatment.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 04:43 pm
I understand both the show and the book have been cancelled.
0 Replies