In the End I’m Saved and You’re Not?

hamburger

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 03:39 pm
GOD (whoever she/he is) does not condone chopping anyone's hand off - nor would she/he condone similar crimes - that i am sure of .
if indeed god wants to mete out punishment , she/he will do it personally .
i do not believe that god has given anyone the right to carry out criminal acts - and chopping off someone's hand is a criminal act - nothing else .
anyone carrying out such crime "in the name of god" , will be severely punished by god , i'm sure .
hbg
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 04:08 pm
echi wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
echi wrote:
Raul-7 wrote:
That's why we as people shouldn't judge other people's faith - leave that up to God.

Exactly.

That's why we shouldn't chop anyone's hands off or stone anyone to death.
Instead, you should work on removing the plank from your own eye.

So, let's do away with all punishments. Is this what you are proposing?

echi wrote:
A thief should be made to repay what he stole.

Good Point.

echi wrote:
A violent offender should be separated from other people.

At whose cost? On whose dime?
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 04:17 pm
squinney wrote:
Does a child that is whipped and punished harshly for a minor crime love his father? Does a child that fears his father love him? I don't think so. My Dad had a horrible temper when we were growing up. (He's softened with age). We all ran to our rooms and looked busy when we heard him pull into the driveway.

LOL! How can you look to child for the meaning of love. A child will "love" anyone who allows him or her to have their way.

squinney wrote:
If your father whipped you before he left for work and said "I'm going to work. I know it's a teacher work day and you'll be home and tempted to steal a cookie from the cookie jar so I'm spanking you now for that crime," aren't you going to go ahead and take the cookie after he leaves since you've already been punished?

LOL! Your father is a lunatic. Who punishes people before they commit the crime? Oh, we almost forgot, you should not have a problem with that. What is wrong with preemptive punishments? Is'nt that in your laws? Your father actually did you a favor; he gave you great practice for today. He was preparing you and you did not even know it. LOL!
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 04:20 pm
hamburger wrote:
GOD (whoever she/he is) does not condone chopping anyone's hand off - nor would she/he condone similar crimes - that i am sure of .

How do you know if you do not know who or what God is?

hamburger wrote:
if indeed god wants to mete out punishment , she/he will do it personally .

He does.

hamburger wrote:
i do not believe that god has given anyone the right to carry out criminal acts - and chopping off someone's hand is a criminal act - nothing else .

Once again, how do you know?

hamburger wrote:
anyone carrying out such crime "in the name of god" , will be severely punished by god , i'm sure .
hbg

Not if God does not think that it is a crime.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 04:27 pm
any god who allows her/his subjects to chop off someone's else's hand , certainly is not a god i would care to worship .
hbg
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 06:35 pm
hamburger wrote:
any god who allows her/his subjects to chop off someone's else's hand , certainly is not a god i would care to worship .
hbg

Well then you will suffer the same fate of your choice, like it or not there is only one God and questioning his mercifulness is going beyond His set limits. He is your Creator, and to Him you will return.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 06:39 pm
that is a choice i have made .

of course , if you think , chopping someone's hand off is a noble act , that is a choice you have made .
hbg
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 07:02 pm
Mindonfire - What the hell are you talking about? I was addressing what Raul said.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 10:51 pm
hamburger wrote:

of course , if you think , chopping someone's hand off is a noble act , that is a choice you have made .
hbg

No, it's not noble but it helps purify society. The current justice is pretty much useless, everyone who ends up in jail and gets out ends up going back to their old ways. What's the solution.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 11:08 pm
Mindonfire wrote:

echi wrote:

How is that a relevant question?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 11:15 pm
hamburger wrote:

hbg

He's a muslim. To him, physical mutilation would barely count as a mild social deviance.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 05:17 pm
echi wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:

echi wrote:

How is it not a relevant question? Do you punish people for crimes which they have not comitted? Maybe One should be careful asking you all that question. From some of your recent laws, many of you believe so.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 07:32 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
echi wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:

echi wrote:

How is it not a relevant question? Do you punish people for crimes which they have not comitted? Maybe One should be careful asking you all that question. From some of your recent laws, many of you believe so.

Maybe you should practice answering the question you are asked.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 02:11 pm
echi wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
echi wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:

echi wrote:

Maybe you should practice answering the question you are asked.

Did we not just finish a whole discussion about how religion and governemt are the same?
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 11:31 pm
Any other law abiding ward of the state (other than minors) are required to earn any benefits received. Prisoners should be required to do the same or if they are financially able.....pay.

To be fair...... as humanly possible. I think maybe.

Years ago the states did require work from the prisoners.

Of course, putting criminals behind bars fits into the service part of "protect and serve" of law enforcement and locking away criminals is also seen as a service to the communities and it's law abiding citizens.

Maybe a bit of both? i dunno

Would you see paying a yearly tax to keep violent criminals off the streets of your neighborhood as a punishment. Got kids?

How about paying out some money in order to be informed of child predators living in your area?

Punishment or benefit?
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 02:02 pm
Theives wouldnt be able to steal without hands and sex criminals wouldnt be able to do what they do without their private part.

Sounds like fair punishment to me.

I dont think chopping off a hand is allowed in the case of stealing food to feed a hungry family etc.

This is my view, I dont know the exact law on this from an Islamic perspective though.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 09:46 pm
Abid wrote:
Theives wouldnt be able to steal without hands and sex criminals wouldnt be able to do what they do without their private part.

I dont think chopping off a hand is allowed in the case of stealing food to feed a hungry family etc.

This is my view, I dont know the exact law on this from an Islamic perspective though.

One can agree with that. That sounds sensible and fair.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 05:11 am
I bet the crime rates are alot lower in those areas.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 04:32 pm
Abid wrote:

You're right. Ummar ibn il Khatab (RA) refused to punish a theif for stealing food because he was starving and there was a drought at the time. Lieniency is given for such cases when stealing comes out of hunger or basic needs.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 10:53 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
Abid wrote:

You're right. Ummar ibn il Khatab (RA) refused to punish a theif for stealing food because he was starving and there was a drought at the time. Lieniency is given for such cases when stealing comes out of hunger or basic needs.

Sounds reasonable.
0 Replies