SUPERMAN

Equus

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2003 10:24 am
Which actor gave the best "Superman"/ "Superboy"/"Clark Kent" portrayal?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,684 • Replies: 15
No top replies

GreenEyes

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2003 10:27 am
George Reeves has my vote.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2003 10:29 am
Being a fan of the 50s Superman and Action comics, I should love the Superman movies and television shows - but I don't. I actually walked out on the first Christopher Reeve movie. They just don't get the right chemistry. The one I most nearly like is the Smallville series, which I watched for the most part in its first season.
0 Replies

paleobarbie

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2003 03:55 pm
tom welling could soon beat out my original vote (Chris Reeve)

Not only cuz he's a hottie, but because his acting improves with each episode of smallville.

UNfortunately they seem to have a "no tights, no flights" mantra.

; )
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2003 06:07 pm
After the first Christopher Reeve's Superman came out, and we took our children to see it, I told them they will make Part II as we walked out of the theater. c.i.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2003 08:46 pm
Which was the one who turned out to be not as fast as a speeding bullet? Was that George Reeves?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2003 08:56 pm
I believe next season, Tom takes flight but sans the tights. He's already done some feats as far as defying gravity.

Christopher Reeve in "Superman II" convinced me he was the best the the portrayers of the Man of Steel.

It was George Reeves who committed suicide by shooting himself.
Jim

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2003 08:59 pm
I am pleasantly surprised at how well Smallville is made. Quite unlike most of the other garbage on television.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 08:07 am
George Reeves was the 'faster than a speeding bullet' guy. Trivial note: he was one of the "Tarleton twins" at the beginning of the movie "Gone With the Wind". Some people have suggested that George Reeves' alleged suicide was really a disguised murder. Here's one Web site discussing it: http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mreeves.html

To the best of my recollection (I may have a word or two wrong), here is the George Reeves' Superman intro:

Faster than a speeding bullet-
More powerful than a locomotive-
Able to leap tall buildings at a single bound-....
LOOK! Up in the sky...is it a bird? Is it a plane?
NO! It's SUPERMAN!
Yes, Superman! Strange visitor from another planet
able to change the course of mighty rivers,
bend steel in his bare hands,
and who, posing as a mild-mannered reporter for a great metropolitan newspaper,
fights a never-ending battle for TRUTH, JUSTICE, and the AMERICAN WAY!!!!
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 11:55 pm
Smallvile is an awesome show.

Lex is slightly becoming more evil as each episode goes on. It is so cool how they make them friends. And I like how they introduced Lois Lane and him wearing glasses.

Clark will never fly. There will be no costume either. They decided that before the show started.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 11:02 am
Clark hasn't flown YET, but his powers are appearing gradually. Wasn't it implied that he must have flown in order to have saved Lana from a tornado a couple seasons ago? And did he really jump from the Daily Planet to the Luthor Corp Building to save Mom last year, or was a mini-flight involved?

A future costume may be implied by the chest logo resembling the Superman "S". However, in the comic books his costume was made from material found in the Kryptonian spacecraft, and such cloth was never mentioned on the TV show.

I like the way the show is gradually bringing in elements of the Superman story. But I don't like them making Jor-El an evil entity.

I am both fascinated and sad to see Lex slowly turning evil.

I know she said Lois Lane was the name of a relative, but note that all the letters of Lois Lane appear in the name chLOE SuLlIvAN. We've met Perry White already. Has there been a Jimmy Olsen yet? I don't think so.
BlueMonkey

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 11:20 am
No Jimmy.

Jor-El isn't evil. If you seen the one where they showed a past episode, it showed that Jor-El came to earth and met the Kents and remembered them and that is whey they sent Clark to them.

I just got that Lois Lane thing with Chloe. I don't know why it took so long. Cool.
0 Replies

kanawha

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 03:18 pm
A little late in posting, but I am new to A2K. anyway, you left out 2 actors who played Superboy.
John Haymes Newton
and
Gerard Christopher
Although the show and acting was kind of lame, I still liked it, because I like anything related to Suprman. I just wish Superboy was on DVD
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 01:15 am
@Equus,
He's flown now...the last episode. ha.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 01:46 am
@GreenEyes,
GreenEyes wrote:
George Reeves has my vote.
SO STIPULATED!

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 01:48 am
@Lightwizard,
Lightwizard wrote:
I believe next season, Tom takes flight but sans the tights. He's already done some feats as far as defying gravity.

Christopher Reeve in "Superman II" convinced me he was the best the the portrayers of the Man of Steel.

It was George Reeves who committed suicide by shooting himself.
He used a 9mm Luger P-'08 with a Kryptonite slug.

David
0 Replies