AHHH....Hardwood floors??

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 08:54 pm
Hiya,

My girlfriend just bought a house with wood floors. Neither of us know what products are safe on them and which are harmful.

Does anyone have any helpful tips on how to clean hardwood floors properly and safely?

Perhaps some natural cleaners or what not would be helpful too!

Thank you kindly!

InTraN
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 862 • Replies: 5
No top replies

eoe

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 09:16 pm
Check on Martha Stewart's website.
She's got all of the answers.
:wink:
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 09:19 pm
Method Wood Cleaner

I work in many homes where I am responsible for the care of wood floors.

I have tried almost everything , including vegetable oil, to come out loving Method Cleaner.

Almond oil + water based, it is safe for kids, pets, environment, any and all sealants you may have on your floors and all wood style floors wether treated or not except cork flooring.

Cork, only because it absorbs the oil and leaves spots.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 03:38 am
I only use vinegar and water on my wood floors. The guy that refinished them warned against using any detergents or oil on them.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 07:34 pm
Thank you, ladies! I passed the info along. She was using Mr. Clean on them. I suggested to her that it was probably not the best thing for wood floors.

Seems alot of people use the swiffer on wood floors. They have that special one just for them. Only problem we have with that is the "just throw it away" method after every use! Should be a way to convert them or something, so a person could just throw the cleaning pad in the washing machine?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 09:26 pm
Instead of using the cleaning pad that comes with the product, just put a wash cloth on the bottom of the mop.

There is velcro there, and it will stick.

Then, just wash the cloth.
0 Replies