shewolfnm

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 11:52 am
We just accept you, as confused as you are LE. Wink
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 11:58 am
Ticomaya wrote:
I'm guessing 13-14, spidergal.

You mean you have known individuals from that age group post on A2k, too or are you referring to Aperson's age?

Infact, I ,too, have come across kids here but don't really know anyone that age who posts actively.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 01:13 pm
aperson wrote:
Butrflynet, you dare question the question mark??

You bloody Americans are so stubborn! I could write a 200 page essay supporting this but I won't. You refuse to change to the metric system like the rest of the world and you also insist on stupid changes in spelling.

But is not what this is about. I doubt I'd win the fight anyway, being outnumered 200 to 1.

And I do "dig".

Now you know why emoticons are often used. Even with words, you didn't get the message that I was kidding around and conveying this comment about your avatar as a joke.

(This is not a joke.)
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 04:32 pm
They're gay. And I think any male that seriously uses "lol" should be shot in public.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 04:40 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
They're gay. And I think any male that seriously uses "lol" should be shot in public.

How about ROTFLMAO ??
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 04:52 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:

I thoroughly agree, Slappy.

Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
OMG! STFU!!! LOL!! ROTFLMFAO LOLRORLOL!!!! Razz Razz
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 04:55 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
We just accept you, as confused as you are LE. Wink

Awwwww.

(insert an emoticon here that indicates a cross between a feeling of love, and a strong desire to spank Shewolf's semi naked bottom)
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 05:08 pm
http://lyceum.open.ac.uk/easa/resources/data/image,jpeg/Emoticons.jpg
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 05:29 pm
For the record, I am male.

And about my age, just acept that I am the youngest member here, at least who doesn't cover their posts with lol, lmao, and smileys.

End of discussion.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 05:31 pm
Shocked
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 07:30 pm
aperson wrote:

And about my age, just acept that I am the youngest member here, at least who doesn't cover their posts with lol, lmao, and smileys.

End of discussion.

Since you are such a stickler for "stupid changes in spelling," I thought I'd point out your error in the above post so you can fix it and not look like yet another one of us stupid Americans. The word "accept" has two c's.

Regarding your age, are you measuring that with the metric system or American standard?

Quote:
You bloody Americans are so stubborn! I could write a 200 page essay supporting this but I won't. You refuse to change to the metric system like the rest of the world and you also insist on stupid changes in spelling.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 08:37 pm
aperson wrote:

End of discussion.

Ending this discussion is the beginning of wisdom, if somewhat belated.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 08:43 pm
Tangetially, Letty - I know 'hear' and 'here' are homonyms, and well know their meanings. However, when I am typing away at the speed of light as is my way, the wrong one will show up in my text. I find it odd - as mentioned, I don't think I ever got them wrong even in elementary school.
Thus my comment that my primitive brain must have some initial confusion regarding them.

It's a little bit like my continuing failure to remember Calodendron capensis, a rather pretty tree that can be found sometimes in southern California. I almost never can remember its name, and only do so now after years of struggle. It makes no sense relative to the trees' names I do remember. The gap is this blank hole in my memory, like a synapse misfiring. (It's my business to know tree's names.)
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 08:47 pm
Osso, I have the same problem, but on so many more issues. I hear you@
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 08:51 pm
So I'm not alone..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 09:16 pm
look closely at my 90+ wpm posts .

There, their, thier, here, hear, her,. .. you name it.

if it causes the reader to say the correct pronunciation, then i am all for it.
here hear!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 10:39 pm
One of my fave conversations with my MIL is:

Her: What's the name of that guy in the movie with that woman who was married to that wild fellow.... that woman who was in that movie made in Switzerland with that other guy?

Me: I have no idea. Do you have any names at all other than Switzerland?

Her: Well, it was made about 20 (read 20, 23, 40, 50) yrs ago and he was convicted of something.

Me: This is the guy in the movie or the guy who was married to the woman in the movie?

Her: Oh you know who I mean!!!

etc etc etc

Kill me if I get to this point! I recently discovered nobody in my office knew who Charles Nelson Reilly was - lol (maniacal laughter) - am I THAT old?
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 01:40 am
Based on what I've read of his posts on this and other threads, I would never have guessed that aperson was one of our younger members.

And since I didn't use an emoticon, aperson will never know if I'm being sarcastic or not... <snicker>
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 06:07 am
I think I see a rollie-eye smilie in your post cypher!! Shocked

See??

right there!!!
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2006 12:20 am
I must agree Razz A person should be able to express his opinions and reflect his feelings without the use of childish faces Shocked I suggest we outlaw smiley and frowny faces Sad ! Let's all learn how to use language without resorting to silly things! Cool Let's all join hands and fight the tyranny of emoticons Evil or Very Mad ! Who's with me Question
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 08:23:11