Need Rainsoft setup codes/manual

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 10:42 am
I have a Rainsoft system in my house that is 4 yrs old. I have had the service people out here 4 different times to adjust it. I have salt in my water all the time. I was my car and have salt drops all over it when it dries. I can taste the salt in the water when I drink from the faucet. It is worse right after the cycle, but still there long after. I believe that the rinse cycle is not long enough to clear all of the salt out of the system after the cleaning cycle. I would like a manual that shows all of the service codes , etc. so that I can do my own programming. I am tired of paying for the tech to come out and not solve the issue.

Can someone help me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,111 • Replies: 6
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 12:22 pm
Softeners need a combination of steady pressure (45 + psi), a short, unrestricted run to the drain with an air-gap, and enough time to rinse the brine from the tank.

Check you drain line from end to end and make sure you have enough pressure going into the unit.
I never like the pressure to drop below 45 psi., 60 to 70 psi would be ideal.

HTH ~
0 Replies

Vette1003

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 01:32 pm
I have city water pressure at the unit of 65psi and up to 80 psi at times. The drain system is clear and free flowing. I think it has a lot to do with the amount of rinse time allowed in the settings. I want to change this rinse time until I see the salt level disappear. Need the instructions that the service people use to change all of the settings. I am an engineer and understand how the system works, but I can't get into the setting mode to change anything
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 03:55 pm
Vette1003 wrote:
I am an engineer

Really, what railroad?

Just kidding Cool

What system do you have? Gold or Silver series?
0 Replies

Vette1003

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 05:33 pm
Sorry about the Engineer thing. Just trying to let you know I have a little knowledge of how things work. No egotizm intended.

I have the Amazon Gold unit with the carbon tank added.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 05:52 pm
Vette1003 wrote:
Sorry about the Engineer thing. Just trying to let you know I have a little knowledge of how things work. No egotizm intended.

I have the Amazon Gold unit with the carbon tank added.

Email me - I can help Cool
0 Replies

Vette1003

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 06:19 pm
I sent email to your website email address. I don't have access to do PMs yet.(new member)
Thanks
Ray
0 Replies