Rainsoft System In house

jmcrabb

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 08:23 pm
I have a RainSoft Gold Series for my home. Lately the brine tank has excessive water in the tank and it leaks out the over flow valve. I have cleaned all the parts that I can. I have the owner's manual, but it is not that helpful. Forget calling the local dealer, (what a joke he is) How can I fix this problem and get parts for this system. Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 813 • Replies: 5
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 11:12 pm
jmcrabb, Sorry about your water softening equipment problem. The only suggestion I can make is to unhook the system if you drink and cook from that water. Too much salt in your diet is not healthy. If it's not hooked up to your dirnking water, use the internet search engine or go to the local Home Depot, and ask them how to fix your problem. Good luck.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 11:57 pm
Good advice cicerone imposter.

jmcrabb, it sounds like your brine flow controller is clogged.
It is not drawing brine.
Follow the brine line from the salt tank up to the control valve.
You will find a brass fitting. Gently remove the first brass fitting
from the second one and pull the line out.
Now remove the second fitting.
Flip this fitting over and pull the white plastic keeper out.
Now clean all debris from the black rubber gasket.
You can wipe and rinse these items, just be careful not to damage or lose any gaskets or small parts.
Reassemble in the reverse order. Put the system into regeneration.

Let us know if the works.
0 Replies

jmcrabb

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 10:57 am
Excessive brine water in tank (Rainsoft Gold Series)
Thanks for the advise, I cleaned the parts you suggested, very easy to find and clean, it looked like everything was fine. I am wondering if I have a problem with the brine (regeneration) timer. The only time it moves the brine water to the outside is if I manually initiate regeneration (i have to do this about every 3 days) The timer is set to regenerate at 2 a.m. but when I check the system in the mornings, there is brine water in the tank and if I don't remove that water, it will flow out the overflow tube.

What else can I look at for the possible problem.

If it is the timer or computer board, can those parts be ordered from Rainsoft or off the internet, we all know how friendly Rainsoft is about controlling their parts. I would like to avoid them at all costs. Thank you for your help.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 11:27 am
Go to Home Depot to find out if those parts are "standard." They can probably help you more if you take the part with you to show them.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 11:50 am
Re: Excessive brine water in tank (Rainsoft Gold Series)
jmcrabb wrote:

If it is the timer or computer board, can those parts be ordered from Rainsoft or off the internet, we all know how friendly Rainsoft is about controlling their parts.
I would like to avoid them at all costs. Thank you for your help.

Give RainSoft customer service a try.
Request they send someone other than your local dealer to check it out.
0 Replies