What TV prog is the most ludicrous ever?

kev

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 11:50 am
For me it's a slam dunk,the X files, this has to be the most mind numbing piece of rubbish in television history, it is too ludicrous for words.

I used to think that the worst scriptwriter of all time was Stephen King, but compared to Chris Carter mr King doesnt seem quite so bad.

So who is your nomination as the worst writer ever?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,019 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 12:08 pm
Jerry Springer- The fact that it is so popular is not only ludicrous, but downright scary!
0 Replies

kev

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 12:13 pm
Thats not really what I meant Phoenix I was meaning TV shows that are presented as being serious drama, whilst being too silly for words.

Springer is made purely for the certified brain dead.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 12:16 pm
kev wrote:

Springer is made purely for the certified brain dead.

The problem is, that the folks on the show, and the ones who are watching probably don't even know that! Laughing
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 12:30 pm
The show Numbers where they use mathematics to solve crimes.

Criminal Minds - boring & implausible plots
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 12:57 pm
The x files was well put together compared to a lot of other shows out there.

What did you think of Quantum Leap or the Star Trek series?
(I'm guessing you just hate science fiction and it had nothing to do with production quality.)

For some really bad shows try..
The A Team (Steven Cannell did some horrible action series.)
Charley's Angels
All those late night soap operas. The OC, 90210, Dallas etc..
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 01:22 pm
I liked Star Trek, the X Files and Quantum Leap.

I haven't seen Battlestar Gallactica, but I hear it is fantastic. I also liked Stargate from time to time, but I'm not really a big tv-watcher.

I agree with the shows you mentioned... also

Married With Children
Tim Allen show
That 70s show
etc.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 01:35 pm
I need to move this thread closer to my thread. Purely for visual reasons.
0 Replies

LeilaJoy

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 05:08 pm
I don't agree with any of your picks. It is called imagination. if you wanted plausible then watch discovery or tv like that. They are TV showa meant for entertainment. There is always going to be someone who doesn't like a particular show but even silly has it's place. Example Teletubbies can't stand it but my two yo loves it, Red Green Show can't stand it but the husband loves it. Not a fan of wrestling but my brother loves it. it comes down to taste if you think it is silly then don't watch.
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 05:23 pm
I'd pick that show with the slogan, "We report. You decide."

Can't remember what its called, but it seems like its on every night.

That reality show with Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie might actually be worse, but I would have to actually watch an episode in order to say for sure.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 09:25 pm
Does anyone here remember "My Mother the Car"?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 09:27 pm
Jerry Van Dyke, Dick Van Dyke's brother, starred in My Mother the Car.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 09:30 pm
Ludicrous, wasn't it?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 09:32 pm
Very. I only watched about ten minutes of one episode.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 10:49 pm
I've only seen promotional stills from that series, and even those were ludicrous.

I'll nominate anything related to "Jackass"...those boys are just not right.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 11:20 am
Since I didn't make myself clear I only have myself to blame but what I meant was programmes that are supposed to be serious drama, some of the shows mentioned were bad enough but "my mother the car" and "The A team" and Charleys angels" can hardly be described as drama

and Parados it's not that I dont like science fiction, and at no time did I mention production quality, I enjoy startrek, the films Terminator 1 and 2, the comedy trilogy Back to the future was brilliantly written.

The reason I cant do with The X files is the irritating way that Chris Carter writes. In fifteen years it has never gone anywhere, there has never once been a conclusion to anything. in one episode the smoking man is revealed as JFK's assassin, in the one I (half) watched the other night he is living in a teepee like an apache.

Mulder in one episode learns that the secret to aliens on this planet lies with the Navajo indian tribe, yeah real likely.

Krycek starts off as an FBI man then is turned into an alien and tries to kill Mulder but later in the series he is back as an FBI agent.

Mulder gets messages fairly often that "deep throat" wants to meet him, so he meets the man in an underground car park, the man tells Mulder absolutely nothing of any relevance and when pressed by Mulder he says I cant say anymore I've said too much already, (bearing in mind he has said nothing)

So if he wasn't prepared to say anything why the **ck did he ask for the meeting?

There has never been a prog in TV history that wandered so aimlessly about as this piece of mindless tripe.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 01:10 pm
kev wrote:
Since I didn't make myself clear I only have myself to blame but what I meant was

what you meant was that you really dislike the X-Files and would like people to chime in who agree with you.

The title of your thread is misleading as it suggests you're interested in others' opinions.

Better luck next time.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 01:48 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 02:00 pm
The A team and Charley's Angels weren't serious drama like the X-files? They certainly weren't designed as comedies. They were action shows, much like X-files. All took reality and twisted it.

X-files was a science fiction show. It was supposed to have ideas that were out of the normal.
0 Replies