Television Commercials You Either Hate or Love

RexRed

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 04:54 am
If I see the "head on" commercial one more time I will be writing them a nasty email or tossing my TV out the window.

E-harmony, I am alright with dating services but the man who does the e-harmony commercial is UGLY, looks like the grinch. God forbid if someone met him on a blind date... yikes! 21 dimensions, one dimension is being attractive...

Billy Mays has the most irritating voice on TV. "Orange Glow" is probably a good product but I cannot stand Billy's voice so much that he could be giving the stuff away and I still wouldn't want it. If he sells it I won't buy it.

What has America come to that we have to endure the repetition all day long of toilet bowl cleaners and erectile dysfunction drugs.

Smile

Feel free to add to the list.

"It's so easy even a cave man could do it."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,029 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 02:48 pm
You started the thread off with a bang. Head-on ads are a perfect ...err, perhaps that should read ... imperfect, example. I'm sure everyone that sees it, could agree. By the way, did you know that the chemical analysis has shown that the product consists almost entirely of wax. This is just a placebo! Traces of some herbs that are measured in ppm. The product is a scam!

The Citibank (?) ad about identity theft..the one with a black man with a woman's screechy voice, singing "Unbreak My Heart". The other one of their's is with two old biddies sitting in their double-wide trailer sounding like two old Texas cowboys imitating a racing motorcycle.

All used or new car ads in any major city. As an industry they're infamous for loud obnoxious salesman urging you to buy now, pay later, and walk away with the shirts off their backs. We have one particularly obnoxious one in upstate NY called Fucillo ..that has HUGE deals. Apparently the same guy doubles in other dealership cities in FLA as a person with a different name.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 06:26 pm
Ragman wrote:
You started the thread off with a bang. Head-on ads are a perfect ...err, perhaps that should read ... imperfect, example. I'm sure everyone that sees it, could agree. By the way, did you know that the chemical analysis has shown that the product consists almost entirely of wax. This is just a placebo! Traces of some herbs that are measured in ppm. The product is a scam!

Thanks for the "heads up"... Laughing
0 Replies