The "do" ghost

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 12:55 pm
The Halloween season seems like the appropriate time to discuss the "do" ghost that lives in my garage.

I've been looking for the reason for my "do" for about six months and I can't find it which leads me to believe that it is indeed a "do" ghost.

That's "do" as in "do re mi fa sol la ti do".

I call it the "do" ghost because it whistles "do". That is the only sound it makes.

"dooooooooo"

It sounds like air being squeezed through a "do" bellows.

I would think it was the wind if it changed in pitch or duration or intensity or anything but it doesn't - just "dooooooooo".

It is driving me nuts.

What could account for the "do"?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 643 • Replies: 4
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 05:16 pm
Nobody has any ideas? None?

I keep trying to get Mr. B to climb up in the attic to see if there is anything left over from the previous owner that could account for the "do". We've lived here for 11 years though and no "do" until now.

Mr. B, in fact, doesn't believe there is anything going "doooooooo". I try to get him to sit out there and listen quietly but he thinks I'm a knucklehead.

I really don't want to go into the attic.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 05:24 pm
Who ya gonna call? Strap on mo's haloween backpack and sally forth.

tis very likely a small piece of something or a tube vibrating in the wind. (like blowing across the top of a bottle).

Either that or you really are a knucklehead. :wink:
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 05:30 pm
Perhaps Marge finally threw Homer out and he's taken up residence in your attic.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 05:44 pm
I would think the wind if it ever went "doo" or "doooooooooooooo" or was louder or softer - or anything different. It just would seem the wind would not always be the exact same.

I'm going to make Mr. B and Mo start doing the laundry so that they're out in the garage more. That way, maybe I won't be the only one to hear the "doooooooo".

And it's not a Do'h, ala Homer but a "doooooooo" ala Julie Andrews.
0 Replies