If I said that I was thirteen would anyone care?

ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 09:01 pm
All right, I'll wait and see what Eva says.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 09:05 pm
aperson wrote:
Thanks.

I thought after setting up a good reputation, maybe people would accept me for who I am. Instead, I am being flamed. Someone called me "a snot-nosed little kid". It's quite depressing.

Occasionally one reaps what one sows.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 09:15 pm
Oh hi.

Well perhaps I wouldn't have objected to you if you hadn't said such a silly thing as
Quote:
Yep, you atheists have it pretty easy.

Well, until you descend into the fiery pits of Hell, I guess.

And then produced equally unfounded comments.

http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=110963&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

Just letting the rest of you know what the context is.

Though admittedly I was quite rude...

Well I apologise for my rudeness but seriously your comments didn't contribute anything to the discussion.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 09:27 pm
Yep, you're being oversensitive.

If you don't ever want to Tico again coz he's a 'fundy' why would you give a ratsass what he says. I know that's a difficult concept when you're young - but think about it. Effectively you've said that you dismiss his opinion but then you are offended by his opinion of you.

Get comfortable with yourself - you'll be spending a lot of time with you.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 09:28 pm
Very well said, HH
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 09:55 pm
apparently aperson forgot that he wrote:
...That's why I came here in the first place - to discuss philosophy and matters of high thought as an equal with adults! I can't do that with my peers....

Then he wrote:
Yeah ok but what are we suppose to be discussing Eva.

Philosophy and matters of high thought, I assume.

Not so sure this namecalling between you and Tico fits the bill, though. Care to elevate the subject? Or change it?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 10:04 pm
aperson wrote:

Though admittedly I was quite rude...

aperson, there's a difference between being rude and friendly banter between those who are comfortable enough with each other to participate in a give-and-take exchange. Jumping in with rudeness, when I think you may have thought you were joining the banter, is still perceived as being rude.

This world isn't nearly as black and white as we'd think.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 10:09 pm
JPB wrote:
This world isn't nearly as black and white as we'd think.

Is that a cliche? (just asking)
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 10:11 pm
not that I know of. But then, what do I know?
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 12:23 am
hingehead,
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated and taken onboard.

Eva,
...I discuss matters relevent to the thread. If you want to discuss philosophy with me, do it elsewhere. Btw by "here" I didn't mean this thread I meant this whole website...

JPB,
I doesn't look like banter to me, but maybe I'm wrong.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 10:27 am
aperson wrote:
Eva,
...If you want to discuss philosophy with me, do it elsewhere.

I'm sure you're an intelligent fellow, but you have a penchant for being rude. Do you realize it, or is it unintentional? Serious question.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 04:51 pm
One of the weird virtues of a2k is that a lot of us have learned to deal with being disagreed with vehemently and occasionally completely slammed - to deal with that with equanimity. Or... to try to deal with it with equanimity, as even the trying is a step. Some manage once in a while, if not all the time, to deal with all that without being rude back, but also not being a doormat. The process of growing up is lifelong and we are all works in progress.

The continuing result of this general progression is that many of us here disagree massively and respect each other, are friends across those chasms.

I've changed my mind on things many times in my life. (Oh, for a record...) I keep learning here at a2k. I'm sure I've changed some of my opinions by virtue of something posted here - though I doubt it was ever from someone being seriously rude to me. Hard to come up with examples right off the bat. I also remember being jolted out of some self satisfying explanation of something in 'real' life by someone else's scoff, and following up re why the scoff.

It's fascinating, really, human conversation.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 06:06 pm
arudeperson wrote:
Eva,
...I discuss matters relevent to the thread. If you want to discuss philosophy with me, do it elsewhere. Btw by "here" I didn't mean this thread I meant this whole website....

I never said I wanted to discuss philosophy. That was your idea. I stay off those threads. I find the discussions there to be heartless, endless and pointless. But...feel free to knock yourself out.

Can someone remind me what the point of THIS thread is? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 08:43 pm
Eva,
We're just talking. No need to keep us on the exact topic of the thread.

Ticomaya,
I know I was rude, and I'm sorry. I did know I was being rude - but I didn't post the comment to be rude, if you know what I'm saying.
0 Replies

Atheist101

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 05:28 pm
Wow. The most flaming I've seen in a while.

and btw this:
Ticomaya wrote:
aperson wrote:
Eva,
...If you want to discuss philosophy with me, do it elsewhere.

I'm sure you're an intelligent fellow, but you have a penchant for being rude. Do you realize it, or is it unintentional? Serious question.

is pure gold.
Ticomaya wrote:

Yep, you atheists have it pretty easy.

Well, until you descend into the fiery pits of Hell, I guess.

Ticomaya wrote:

I guess you're pretty much screwed, then.

Ticomaya wrote:

aperson wrote:
Ticomaya,
you are a fundy.

Finally! Do you know how ****ing long I've wanted to be a fundy?

Quote:
I am not talking to you. Ever.

Ever, ever?

Knock yourself out. You're just a snot-nosed little kid ... I don't want to talk to you anyway.

Wow Ticomaya. You're the nicest person I've ever met.
Do you realize it, or is it unintentional? Serious question.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 11:13 pm
Atheist101 wrote:
Wow Ticomaya. You're the nicest person I've ever met.
Do you realize it, or is it unintentional? Serious question.

I've been nice my entire life. I realize it every minute of the day. It's the cross I must bear.

I can tell we're gonna be great friends, you and I.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 11:29 pm
Eva wrote:
arudeperson wrote:
Eva,
...I discuss matters relevent to the thread. If you want to discuss philosophy with me, do it elsewhere. Btw by "here" I didn't mean this thread I meant this whole website....

I never said I wanted to discuss philosophy. That was your idea. I stay off those threads. I find the discussions there to be heartless, endless and pointless. But...feel free to knock yourself out.

Can someone remind me what the point of THIS thread is? Rolling Eyes
The point?........... Discussing philosophy with a thirteen year old.

I think you might be in love with him.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 11:51 pm
Will you guys do me a favor and get 1/2 naked while you fight? Very Happy
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 07:59 am
shewolfnm wrote:
Will you guys do me a favor and get 1/2 naked while you fight? Very Happy

13 is much too young for that shebitch.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 09:17 am
yeah but he's 15 now... does that help?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 03:00:50