If I said that I was thirteen would anyone care?

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 10:55 am

when did you get glasses, Eva?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 11:01 am
My avatar got them a few weeks ago, RP. I look more like my real self now. I've worn glasses most of my life.

Hopefully I'll be able to see things more clearly around here now. Cool
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 11:02 am
Eva wrote:
If you really want to play in the big leagues and be treated as an equal by adults, you'll have to stop all this nonsense, aperson. Forget the self-consciousness and the arrogance and cut to the chase. Adults don't have the time or the patience for that stuff.

What is it you want to discuss?

Ok, where is the applause button? Very Happy
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 11:30 am
Eva wrote:
My avatar got them a few weeks ago, RP. I look more like my real self now. I've worn glasses most of my life.

they make you look smarter Razz
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 11:55 am
Region Philbis wrote:
Eva wrote:

they make you look smarter Razz

Glasses make everyone look smarter - when I wear my magnifying glasses, I look positively brilliant Smile

aperson - have you disappeared? You are a smart cookie, for sure, but you're also pretty young (in other ways) - take the advice you've been given and chill out a bit.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 11:59 am
Mame wrote:
aperson - have you disappeared?

He's in school, Mame.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 12:23 pm
Ah... Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 01:32 pm
Aperson--

Sorry about mis-sexing you. That sort of snafu happens when threads get personal.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 04:28 pm
Mame wrote:
Glasses make everyone look smarter - when I wear my magnifying glasses, I look positively brilliant Smile

I prefer to think they bring out the real me.

:wink:

And, for what it's worth, people thought I was a man when I first started posting here. It was the generic avatar. It was mildly amusing, but I switched to one that was gender specific as I became more comfortable with revealing myself.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 05:40 pm
Well that's on other forums...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 05:47 pm
I have rather liked Aperson and haven't entirely followed all this.

I do notice, as a philosophically bereft person.. whose dad was a phil major and as a young woman was attracted to scientists, phil majors, lit enthusiasts... (do you begin to notice dissonance?)

that some folks seem to get involved with following their tails instead of gripping with day to day life.

Hah, all of them, sometimes.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 05:52 pm
Thanks.

I thought after setting up a good reputation, maybe people would accept me for who I am. Instead, I am being flamed. Someone called me "a snot-nosed little kid". It's quite depressing.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 05:53 pm
aperson, you are fine just the way you are. As with all of us, you just need to do more growing. It's a constant activity, and it's a good thing to remember. I repeat, you are just fine.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 06:07 pm
Mame is right. I am 66 and still growing up. Stop with the assumption of age dump, or, arrogance, or any other assumed position. That's a structure born to fail, indeed amusing to watch.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 06:10 pm
aperson wrote:
Thanks.

I thought after setting up a good reputation, maybe people would accept me for who I am. Instead, I am being flamed. Someone called me "a snot-nosed little kid". It's quite depressing.

I dreeeeeam of being called a 'snot-nosed little kid'.

One 'insult' don't make no flame war. Don't be so fragile. Plenty of time for that in real life.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 06:14 pm
Aperson..

is this thread because one or maybe more people dumped on you in some way?

None of us so called guru to be types are so much smarter than anyone else.
We've just learned to ward off the odd arrows.
Not that the odd arrows aren't sometimes correct.

Learning who you really are while having some plasticity to learn new ways...

I think that's a kernal of life.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 07:20 pm
Eva wrote:

you look good with glasses.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 08:48 pm
Thank you!

Is aperson ready to give up all this pointless introspection and jump into a real discussion yet? (tap, tap, tap) I'm waiting...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 08:52 pm
Hey, four eyes! (I haven't been called that in years, as I'm either too fragile or too fierce).

Yeh, get back in the fray, Aperson.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 08:58 pm
Yeah ok but what are we suppose to be discussing Eva.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 08:52:50