If I said that I was thirteen would anyone care?

aperson

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 02:10 am
if i sed that im 13 wud ne1 care???

If I told you that I was thirteen years of age would you care?

Would it affect how you'd view me? Think of me? Treat me?

If I told you that I was a very rich businessmen owning several reknown countries, would you care?

If I told you that I dropped out of school at the age of fifteen would you care?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 6,186 • Replies: 123
No top replies

msolga

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 02:27 am
It's not important to me what age you are, it's what you have to say that I'm interested in.

However, if you were 13 & posted interesting, thoughtful posts, I'd be mightily impressed!

(I'm a teacher, you see! :wink: )
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 04:06 am
I would care, seeing as, according to the Terms of Service, this site is 13 and up and you'd barely get in under the wire.
0 Replies

Kehoe

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 04:07 am
Age doesn't matter.
Neither does a job title or wealth or lack of it.
What someone says & how they present themselves,
and how they treat others, in the world (real life or the internet) does.
Just my 2 Cents Very Happy

Edit: However ... A2K Admin, I was going to ask if 13 was too young for TOS here.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 05:00 am
I don't think it would matter to anyone if you were 13 but I think people might treat you differently. Maybe not intentionally but it would be unavoidable.

x
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 05:03 am
I would treat a thirteen year old differently than an adult on some threads, but would not otherwise view the person any differently, depending how said person presented her/himself.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 05:31 am
Of course it's supposed to be PC here to tell you I wouldn't treat you any differently if I knew you were 13 as opposed to another, presumably older age, but of course I would.

You might be the most intelligent, well read 13 year old going, sensitive and mature, well spoken and thoughtful.

However, the fact remains you have seen the sun rise less than 5000 times, and I've seen over 17,000 sunsets. About 1000 of your sunrises have been past an age where you were in the double digits.

If you were one of those unusually mature, intelligent 13 year olds, you would realize already that there are so many life experiences you could not have physically/mentally/emotionally have gone through, and would use this opportunity to increase your understanding of how the world worked and human behavior.

Funny, in movies, books etc. you'll have these wise elders of an Indian tribe, or the Asian Wise Man teaching Grasshopper the Way...

IRL, many times someone of a younger age treats someone past a certain age as if they are dumb as rock....much as the young person feels they are being treated. However, which group has had more opportunity to pick up and examine more rocks?

Let's reverse this....Would you treat me differently if you thought I was 20 rather than 47, close to 48?

If you say no....I'd be somewhat insulted....I want credit for those 27/28 years.

It's one thing to understand the concept of all the things that can happen to you in adulthood....it's quite another to live through the hours of waiting outside the ER to see if someone you love is still alive, and wondering how that will impact not just you, but others.

It is very true that while life moves forward to each person, the memory of various pains can, and thank God, do fade. Adults smile quietly at the pain of an adolescent going through their first failed romance, the angst over the unfairness of it all.....because that what the Wise Ones do Grasshopper.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 05:33 am
I agree with edgarblythe. If a person was articulate, described his views clearly, and had something valuable to say, I don't care what age he is.

There are certain issues (relationships come to mind, but there are others) that are very different for a thirteen year old, than an older person. If a 13 yo was asking about dating, sex, etc. I would take his age into consideration when I offered my answer.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 10:18 am
Chai Tea wrote:
....I've seen over 17,000 sunsets. ....

I'm doubting that figure. You forget that on cloudy /overcast days you can't see the sun set. Surprised :wink:
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 10:21 am
because I am a democrat and a musician I would not care as much as say, a repulican congressman.....
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 11:03 am
I would definitely care if you owned several countries. I'd want to know how you did that.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 01:35 am
Hmmm...

Ok then.

Just as a matter of self-improvement, am I articulate, do I describe my views clearly, and have something valuable to say?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 04:28 am
I think so aperson.

BTW, I had a dream about you just this night (5:30am here) you mentioned in a post you were 12 years old, and got kicked out of A2K Laughing

Funny, then I had one of those dreams people get about going back to high school....In this case I was the me I am today, encased in the body of who I was back then.

A dangerous combination, for a multitude of reasons. Shocked
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 05:56 pm
Well once I joked that I was six.

Quote:
I think so aperson.

Thanks.

Its so flattering that I get dreamed about. Embarrassed Very Happy
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 06:33 pm
If it means anything, before this thread I never gave a thought to your age.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 06:48 pm
i've had the opposite problem on other boards, my first experience with message boards was about 3 or 4 years ago, i was looking for some help with a ps2 question and ended up at the gamers ps2 message board, i was 41 and apparently old enough to be the father of most people there, but was fairly well accepted and made no attempt to hide my age, the next oldest guys were in there 20's

i spent about a year there before most of us moved to another user created board, were i was moderator for a while

there were subjects i avoided participating in, and sadly the boards we all followed have passed into interent history, but the experience has taught me it's not how old you are, it's who you are and what you have to offer
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 09:39 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
If it means anything, before this thread I never gave a thought to your age.

Yeah, but what about all those sunsets that you claim to have seen?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 04:46 am
I was wearing special glasses to penetrate the fogs and rains.....and stuff.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 04:50 am
OMG! you like couldn't be thirteen cause like u didnt say like once like!!!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 05:04 am
Re: If I said that I was thirteen would anyone care?
aperson wrote:
if i sed that im 13 wud ne1 care???

No. That's the beauty of the internet.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » If I said that I was thirteen would anyone care?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 05:20:45