So I Pull Out Onto the Main Street . . .

ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 10:04 am
Roger, I didn't want to have to deal with the possibility of snow on highway 40, which otherwise would have been my first choice.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 10:37 am
Intrepid wrote:
I too like to box in the agressive driver between me and the car in the next lane. That really pisses them off. :wink:

How very Christian of you....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 10:39 am
Chai Tea wrote:
I think slowing down, boxing the other driver in so they can't pass, and so forth just increases their road rage.

I don't box folks in, but I do slow down when they tailgate. I can't change the fact that they tailgate. The goal is not to anger them, but to encourage them to change lanes and thus endanger someone else.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 01:33 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:
I think slowing down, boxing the other driver in so they can't pass, and so forth just increases their road rage.

I don't box folks in, but I do slow down when they tailgate. I can't change the fact that they tailgate. The goal is not to anger them, but to encourage them to change lanes and thus endanger someone else.

So you don't care if they are endangering someone, as long as it's not you?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 02:35 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
So you don't care if they are endangering someone, as long as it's not you?

I can't control whether or not they endanger someone. I can only choose how I react to the threat.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 03:16 pm
I drive what I drive and if you don't like it, tough. Go around me. I pay just as much as you do in taxes to drive on the road so bite me.

Sometimes I am the speeder, sometimes I am the slow poke (the only one doing the speed limit). Eitehr way, no one on the road can drive except me so it doesn't matter, right?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 03:17 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
I too like to box in the agressive driver between me and the car in the next lane. That really pisses them off. :wink:

Actually it is. It prevents them from hurting themselves or others. Oh, didn't you think a Christian would say pisses off? Some people seem to equate Christian with non-human.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 03:19 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:

How very courteous of you.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 03:21 pm
I better take the Hummer, next time I go for a drive. I bet they don't intimidate that.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 03:24 pm
Intrepid and Drewdad, don't make me come over there.....
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 03:25 pm
You can buy the beer Laughing
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 03:27 pm
Be glad to - as long as mine's root beer.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 03:28 pm
Intrepid wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Actually it is. It prevents them from hurting themselves or others. Oh, didn't you think a Christian would say pisses off? Some people seem to equate Christian with non-human.

Sounded to me as if the goal was to piss them off. Maybe others read it differently.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 03:30 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Sounded to me as if the goal was to piss them off. Maybe others read it differently.

No, that isn't the goal. Actually, I am not sure why I wrote the piss 'em off part. It came as a thought before I hit enter. I guess I thought it was a bit funny and may help to assimilate me into the A2K group. My error in judgement.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 03:32 pm
snood wrote:
Be glad to - as long as mine's root beer.

Sure thing.

BTW - I didn't mean to be insensitive.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 03:33 pm
Man, if you ain't "assimilated" yet, it ain't gonna happen.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 03:36 pm
Root beer sounds good right now..
0 Replies