How is your garden looking today?

Montana

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 12:31 pm
Speaking of gardens, I have to get out there and do some work in mine.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 01:06 pm
I added some yellow mums a few weeks ago, and they're doing just fine. Wink
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 02:20 pm
woah, the burning bushes are so red you need shades to look at them. I think I planted too many
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 02:57 pm
I have toad lily, obedient plant, japanese anenome and monk's hood still flowering. Other than that, everything is kinda covered with maple leaves.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 03:03 pm
Ok, so now my garden is ready to till which will be on another day this week. As I was backing the tractor into the shed a squerrel came running, climbed up the shed and started making noises at me. Our shed door came off a few months back and we're waiting for the carpentar to come along and replace, but I think the squerrel has made a home in there. Jeeez!!!!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 06:03 pm
It's on it's last leg. Geraniums are still going at it, some of the other potted flowers as well, the last of the tomatoes and peppers are still ripening on the vine, haven't bought in my big potted plants from the patio and front porch yet. It was 80 degrees here today. Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 09:37 pm
Laughing with Tartarin.

I design gardens, lah dee dah, and have spent untold portions of my life in the garden, but when I bought a house with a side lot up in my new town, I didn't know I was about to be smacked upside the face with the dreaded scourge of
"garden burnout". I STILL haven't put in my irrigation system, and until then can't do much except the "bones" of the garden. And weed. And weed again. And weed again. And weed again. And

oh, never mind....
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 10:01 pm
The answer, Osso, is to cultivate weeds and tell everyone you're doing a new kind of native gardening. That's what I do. Photos available!!

Including one of the indoor sweet potato vine. At the end of the spring, I found an uneaten yam in the kitchen which was sprouting. Can't bear to throw out pregnant moms, so I planted it in a wooden tub outside on the "patio". It has grown and grown and grown under the stable doors which lead to my kitchen/dining room and up the wall inside. And the tub (and adjacent tubs) have lots of large yam offspring, enough for a feast. Thanks mom!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 10:35 pm
The Yam Farmer!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 11:54 am
Frost here this AM. A week ago it was 90. Garden is in shock.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 09:41 pm
I was in Garberville today, tromping around on a site to be developed, perfect weather for such a task, really lovely. Drove back to Humboldt County, cold, rain, rain, dark dark!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 10:44 pm
We're suppose to get snow in the morning :-(
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 12:11 am
I spoke wrongly, I was in fact near Garberville, as in being on the freeway, but went to Geyserville, in Sonoma County. Hours between them and many microcultures. Gorgeous ride. Unfortunately I was burping, I get semisick when I am not driving hill routes in the driver's seat........
0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 08:48 pm
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VgAAACoZOz40gq0S4Ys1TMj6sw2E9*8lEGV8QElpY1hTfmTN4KkDQeN1t5t3HNUIUq3JXpI9Cejk!8e6EXAdr!bL3*raTHiVGkyxzFbtShslsJFpOgV6mJtDEUc4obdu/neko%20nomad%20120A.JPG?dc=4675459995356746653

This is how the apple tree out back looked this morning,with inset showing how it looked last October. It is due a bit of cosmetic pruning.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 11:18 pm
Terrible. I usually empty all of the pots of last seasons' dirt and tidy things up but didn't get around to it this year so I've got my work cut out for me come Spring. I can't wait!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 11:13 am
Lots of lemons and oranges. The plum tree is just about to flower. Got most of the pruning done, some parts of the apple tree I simply couldn't reach even with an orchard ladder. Lots of arugula and a bit of swiss chard that refuses to die. Sprayed the weeds yesterday so of course it rained last night. Damn.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 11:41 am
Watching my weeds grow...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 02:47 pm
It's a little wet outside today, but I'm not doing any new plantings right now, because of our trip to Japan next month. Can't depend on our son to water the plants. When we get back from Japan, I'm gonna start working on planting flowers. Wink
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 03:02 pm
My garden is under 2 feet of snow!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 04:09 pm
I'm glad my yard is still there at all - we had really heavy winds last night, eek!
0 Replies