54

How is your garden looking today?

alex240101

2  
Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 12:22 pm
Michigan here.
Every day more green
Crocuses, hyacinths hello.
I always think winter or fall is my favorite season then spring comes along.
Joeblow

1  
Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2021 06:03 am
@alex240101,
Sweet! We're in the greater Toronto area, and the sedum are coming along nicely. I found a few hosta spikes poking through yesterday, too, and the maple trees are budding. Soon enough there will be a fuzzy green in the forest, and then everything will explode. I want it so bad this year.

Ragman

1  
Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2021 09:50 am
We’re in south FL near the GofM coast at this time the year. We’re trying our hand at growing digs and a lemon tree. Last year the lemon tree produced about 10 or so decent fruits. This year it’s doubled that plus the tree is nearly 2 fr talker.
The fig trees were a gift that was shipped to us semi-grown but in really rough shape. I resurrected them in reporting and giving them TKC. They may start to bear fruit again really soon as they had some (inedible ones) when we first got them. At least we know they’re capable.

It’s very warm and very sunny here. I often say that you could stick a rake in the ground here and grow a rake tree. Not like at home in NewEngland.
Ragman

1  
Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2021 10:58 am
@Ragman,
Sorry for my Typoa:
digs = figs
fr Talker = ft taller
reporting = repotting
TKC = TLC

Joeblow

1  
Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2021 12:35 pm
Got the first echinacea blooms today and the english lavender is spectacular. We've had the lavender for maybe 15 years, and each year it outdoes itself. I braved the sun even though it's hotter than hades today to cut bunches for myself and neighbour.

The weigalias had gotten so much dead wood on them that I cut them to within an inch of their lives last year. Far less blooms this season, but the greenery is nice, the shapes are much better, and I think it's really going to pay off next year. While I was busy last year not caring if I killed the weigalias, I also went to town thinning the black eyed susans and dividing the hosta. Everything looks great except one small rose, which doesn't owe me anything.