New York State Lawyers Suspended

gollum

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2006 08:19 pm
I read (in the 10/13/06 New York Post) that a New York State appeals court recently suspended more than 800 attorneys for non-payment of registration fees.

My question is, where can I find a list of the lawyers' names? Also why would so many lawyers do such a foolish thing?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 560 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 15 Oct, 2006 05:52 am
New York Law Journal article: http://www.law.com/jsp/nylj/PubArticleNY.jsp?hubtype=TopStories&id=1160730327928

Follow the link to notes and then there's a link to the list of suspended attorneys. Trying to open it up crashed my PC so proceed with caution. Since 2 of the lawyers had work addresses of 1 and 2 WTC, I suspect that the list is grossly out of date and perhaps their database is not being queried properly and/or maintained. Hence perhaps quite a few of these lawyers will be found to be in compliance once they provide some proof such as a cancelled check.

As for the ones who are truly not in compliance, why does anyone not pay a bill? They never received it, they don't have the money, they lost it, they want to protest it, whatever. It's possible that some of those lawyers are deceased, too, if the list is a bad one.
0 Replies