INHERATED FINE ART,WANT TO KNOW HOW TO DETERMINE THE WORTH

MYLA

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2003 06:00 pm
HELLO
i HAVE inherated 2 PAINTINGS , (1ST) PAINTING IS DONE BY :PILAR BLANCH IN 1955 AND IS TITLED "The Sads". i HAVE A RECEIPT FOR THE PURCHASED PRICE OF $2,652 IN 1965. i ALSO HAVE THE certifiacte IF authintcity, AND AWARDS WON BY NATIONAL SOCIETY OF FINE ARTS IN LISBOSA PORTUGAL FOR HONORABLE MENTION - PASTEL - 1956/57 AND FOR THIRD MEDAL - PASTEL 1958

i HAVE PICS IF I COULD ONLY FIGURE OUT HOW TO ATTACH THEM TO THIS....ANY WAYS , HOW WOULD YOU GO ABOUT THIS IF YOU COULDNT AFFORD TO PAY FOR APPRAISAL , i AM INTERESTED IN SELLING BUT DONT KNOW WHAT TO ASK FOR IT....THE 2ND PAINTING IS DONE BY hERBERT e tHOMAS IT IS A WATERCOLOR PAINTING AND IN 1972 IT WAS WORTH 1,762 , HOW MUCH DOES VALUE INCREASE WITH EACH YEAR , i beleive both artist are not living, does this affect the worth also? this is not a area I have any knowledge in...I dont want to be taken advantage of yet I want to give a fair bargain ....any suggestions or ballpark approx. estimate of where to start......
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,412 • Replies: 2
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2003 06:00 pm
MYLA, There is no "average" appreciation in the value of art works. It depends on many things, but primarily the demand for such art work. The web sites are full of resources and information. Why don't you try to research it yourself first, then go to a reliable art gallery to ask why they might be worth. c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2003 10:50 pm
MYLA, We received this painting from Dan Piel as a gift. He was a art professor at Cal Poly.http://thumbs.webshots.com/sym/na5/3/70/37/60137037olPlNa_th.jpg
I'll never sell it. c.i.
0 Replies