Love

Rae

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2002 07:21 pm
'For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.'

~ Judy Garland

'The supreme happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.'

~ Victor Hugo

'Never part without loving words to think of during your absence. It may be that you will not meet again in life.'

~ John Paul Richter

'True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.'

~ Erich Segal

'The deep joy we take in the company of people with whom we have just recently fallen in love is undisguisable.'

~ John Sheerer

'Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

~ Nora Roberts
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 12,425 • Replies: 83
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2002 02:23 pm
"To say, 'I love

you', one must know first how to say the I" ~ Ayn Rand
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2002 07:12 pm
'If you live to be

a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.'

~ Winnie the Pooh

Laughing

'Love: an irresistible desire to be desired irresistibly.'

~ Mark Twain
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2002 07:15 pm
'You have to walk

carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure

they won't laugh if you trip.'

~ Jonathan Carroll

'The love we give away is the only love we

keep.'

~ Elbert Hubbard

'The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing.'

~ Blaise

Pascal

'Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly.'

~ Rose Franken
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2002 07:16 pm
'We come to love

not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.'

~ Unknown

'Trouble is

a part of your life, and if you don't share it, you don't give the person that loves you enough chance to love you

enough.'

~ Dinah Shore
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2002 07:19 pm
'Gravitation can

not be held responsible for people falling in love.'

~ Albert Einstein

'To give and not expect in return,

that is what lies at the heart of love.'

~ Oscar Wilde

'Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and

the delight in the recognition.'

~ Alexander Smith
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2002 01:16 pm
Fran Lebowitz on romantic love:

Romantic love is a mental illness. But it's a pleasurable one. It's a drug.
It distorts reality and that's the point of it. It would be impossible to fall in love with someone you really saw. The second you meet someone you're going to fall in love with you deliberately become a moron. You do this in order to fall in love, because it is impossible to fall in love with any human being if you actually saw them for what they are.

People get married becaue they're in love make a ridiculous mistake. It makes more sense to marry your best friend. You like your best frined more than anyone you're ever going to be in love with. You don't choose your best friend because they have a cute nose, but that's all you're doing when you get married; you're saying, "I will spend the rest of my life with you because of your lower lip." It's amazing that all marriages don't end up in divorce. If you can stay in love for more than two years, you're on something.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 09:26 pm
I dunno.....kinda makes me sad that Ms. Lebowitz has got a few good points! Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 10:28 pm
It is kind of like it's so funny because it's true?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 12:52 pm
I was gong to say love is a four letter word

Like how FL puts it though...straighforward mental illness

Okay, Ill agree with that

However, the lovely sentiments that came before that were very nice to read as well

Smile
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 01:07 pm
FL was a Halloween costume on "Just Shoot Me" last night and, of course, nobody recognized who she was! Of course, she intimates that if you really do marry your best friend and find you enjoy the physical part of the relationship, that could be the best marriage. But then we'll still have a large majority of relationships that are based on money, sex and just outright madness. The new film "Punch Drunk Love" seems to explore this area.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 01:09 pm
That movie certainly looks like madness

Ive had some of those relationships, guess Im mad as well
Perhaps I just need to find a friend Laughing
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 01:30 pm
As far as relationships go, I think most of us go through life following our noses (okay, so men can be accused of following some other organ but that's a given). It's all the cognitive therepy we give ourselves or get from a friend, relative or professional that we basically throw out the window when it comes to love. Because it's a drug and some of us are easily hooked, the withdrawals are also painful. Even if we work to make the relationship work and last any appreciable time. Just a part of life that eludes any sensible analysis.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 01:35 pm
I agree with the following of other organs.
I certainly dont throw things out windows when it comes to love, thats left for later when it starts to turn to less than lust.
Okay, Ill agree is a great drug and with that in mind yep, withdrawl is painful but, its certainly worth the trip.
Who said anything about being sensible, I mean were talking about drugs and organs for cryin out loud Wink
Analysis, where love can lead you, certainly true.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 10:13 pm
Thanks for sharing guys.....really!

My 'idea' of love over the years has changed only slightly, but with huge end results.....

That is ~ the old adage of 'when you stop looking, it will find you' ~ it's true.

The other, and probably the most meaningful ~ look beyond the 'package'.

Love is.....

It just is.....
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2002 09:23 pm
It is a mistake to speak of a bad choice in love, since as soon as a choice exists, it can only be bad. - Marcel Proust

Love is a gross exaggeration of the difference between one person and everybody else. - George Bernard Shaw

Love is the triumph of the imagination over intelligence. - H. L. Mencken
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2002 10:12 pm
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2002 08:48 pm
'Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give...which is everything.'

~ Anonymous
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2002 11:20 pm
To love and be loved is the greatest joy on earth.
0 Replies

MellowGemini

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2002 02:03 pm
Love when it comes to relationships. Is merely a catapilar in a cocoon. Through nature sometimes it transforms into a beautiful butterfly, though sometimes it does not hatch at all. -MellowGemini Very Happy
0 Replies