Chat room

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 05:13 pm
I don't do "chat rooms." c.i.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 05:15 pm
I didn't either, ci, until I popped into ours.
Come on in for a minute....please!
Give it a widdle try.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 05:17 pm
I know ya don't, c.i. Hohum.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 05:28 pm
Please come back, Sofia! I stepped out for three seconds!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 05:44 pm
Okay. Maybe later. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 05:48 pm
I went off to read news, and I haven't given up on lassoing c.i.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 07:57 pm
It might be easier if there were a chat room status report on the new post page. I never think of the chat room and hardly ever go to the home page.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 08:03 pm
feolola speaks way intelligently.
That is a verry good idea.
And, currently, the number of people in there seems amiss. It sometimes says one, when there are, in fact, more than one.

It would be cool to see it on the New Post page. I want a chat orgy.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 08:48 pm
I think the chat room is on the list of things to fix for the site, and that the eventual chatroom will be wonderful. I think it is wonderful as it is, once you get used to it. I had never been in a chatroom either, and found it easier to check in when there was some scheduled time, the first time I did it. The first and second and third times, I got all worried about typing fast enough (and legibly) and I think that is a red herring. People will answer while you are still typing, but there is a record, and people often review it.

I think it would be good if multiple chat rooms could happen at the same time, in case people actually plan to be serious about a discusison. In Art Chat, it was organized that we be serious, but there is an enthusiastic foundation for just talking.

Plus, it is hard to come into chat with batches of data, it is a place for off the cuff talk. Question is whether that talk has a target issue, and we're exploring that on the Sunday art chats. Mostly it doesn't work, subjects are better for the forums, but I am not so sure that people of sim interests shouldn't meet when they want, to catch up. Plus meeting over subjects previously announced hasn't been fully tested, as we don't have thaaaaat many art forum regulars who can check in.

My own instinct is that people just like checking in and talking and that that will prevail as the main chat room use; just not sure if other discussions will happen too..
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 09:02 pm
Multiple chat rooms.....There ya go, Craven! You're project for the weekend!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 09:33 pm
I like charging into the chat room, making all kinds of noise, and generally disrupting the flow of the conversation. Things get quiet for awhile as people analyze the interloper, then it turns into kind of a strained, yet somehow peaceful chat.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 09:34 pm
You are big.
And you have big hair.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 09:37 pm
Thankfully, most of us here can discern from general noise and disruption to actual conversation.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 09:45 pm
Any bastid chatting now? I am heading that way....
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 09:46 pm
I've been thinking of cutting my hair. Actually, what I had in mind was a topiary, perhaps something in the shape of a small mammal, such as a hedgehog, a potto, or maybe a peccary. Any suggestions?
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 09:49 pm
Why not a small aviary, gus?
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 09:51 pm
Bunny ears?
Devil horns? You would be a frightening, beautiful thing!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 09:53 pm
Hmmm. A small aviary. You know, that's not a bad idea, not a bad idea at all... I think I might just run with that. Thanks, Rae.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 09:54 pm
<damn>
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 09:54 pm
I am just kidding, gus. If that is a pic of you, I agree with Sofia.....you are very handsome. Embarrassed
0 Replies