I need Help With My homework of geography of maps.

Lizz11

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 01:06 pm
Hi i need help Can you Answer this "If A state is outside of the contiguous United States, What does this mean?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 8,910 • Replies: 26
No top replies

Francis

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 01:23 pm
All but two states of The United states are next to others. They are contiguous.

But Alaska and Hawaii are not next to another state. So they are out of the contiguous United States.
0 Replies

Lizz11

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 01:43 pm
i need help With my Geography homerwork.
What part (the name) of a map tells the relationship of distance shown on the map to real or actual distance on Earth?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 01:44 pm
Re: i need help With my Geography homerwork.
Lizz11 wrote:
What part (the name) of a map tells the relationship of distance shown on the map to real or actual distance on Earth?

The scale.

(What grade are you in?)
0 Replies

Lizz11

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 01:54 pm
I need Help with my geograohy homework.
What is the Capital of the country through which the 40 degrees N line of latitude & 20 degrees E line of longitude pass?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 01:56 pm
You really could do some of this yourself, you know. Just get a map and see where that latitude and longitude intersect.
0 Replies

Lizz11

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 02:05 pm
I need help with my geography homework.
i don't have a map And i am in 6th grade can you help me its my last Question And my homework is due tommorow.

what is the capital of the country throough which the 40 degrees N line of latitude & 20 degrees E line of longitude pass?
Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes Sad
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 02:05 pm
I know--but i ain't tellin' . . .
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 02:11 pm
Well, click on the blue link bellow, check the map and tell us which capital it is:

Map
0 Replies

Lizz11

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 02:12 pm
please i beg someone to help me i am in 6th grade And i don't have A map or a dad so they can helping and my mom is working all day And never has time for me. Crying or Very sad Sad

what is the capital of the country through which the 40 degrees N line of latitude & 20 degrees E line of longitude pass?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 02:18 pm
Evidently you do have access to a computer and, through it, the internet. You can readily find maps of the world and various areas of it on which you can easily determine your answer - less effort will be required doing that than soliciting an answer here. In addition you will have the experience of using earth coordinates (Latitude and Longitude) tl locate places -- the very point of your homework assignment.
0 Replies

Lizz11

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 02:27 pm
I need help Please!
PLEASE HELP ME I AM USING A LIBARY COMPUTER aND i ONLY HAVE 8 MINUTES LEFT cAN YOU PLEASE HELP WITH THIS qUESTION

What i the capital of the country through which the 40 degrees N line of latitude& 20 degrees Eline of longitude pass? the map francis send me doesn't work And Can't really understand it!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 02:31 pm
OK, OK. I hate myself for doing this but..

It's Albania. The capital city is Tyrana.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 02:31 pm
Ok, don't cry. The nearest capital to that intersection is Tirana, capital of Albania.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 02:34 pm
You are in a library, go find a book of maps to understand the answers people gave you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 02:56 pm
This child is playing you like cheap fiddles.

We get homework questions all the time which involve questions about complex issues, or matters difficult of comprehension, and people provide detailed answers which will allow the student to find an acceptable answer on their own.

This little girl is playing a "poor, poor pitiful me" song and dance--she doesn't have a dad, mom's not home, i'm at the library . . . and sucking one direct answer to each question on her homework that she is too damned lazy to find herself after the other out of you folks.

I'm outta here . . .
0 Replies

Chavi Agarwal

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 03:32 pm
sory dont knw
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 05:57 pm
Francis, I guess we've been put in our place. You and I are just a couple of soft-hearted suckers. Smile
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 06:17 pm
Perhaps her homework assignment was to persuade strangers to do her bidding.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 06:28 pm
I don't mind Francis and Merry telling her the answer, if she ever saw it. They were quick reactions, from fellows who can and do help people learn how to learn.
In any case, I'm sure her teacher will figure out she doesn't have a grip on maps at some point.

Hard to tell if that was violin playing maneuvering or at least partial truth.
Ironically, the girl - I'm presuming the name is feminine - needs to chat with a librarian, re how to look things up.
0 Replies