LOST

stuh505

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 04:06 pm
I'm 6 episodes into season 2. I have been watching in chronological order from the first episode of season 1.

I had really high hopes for this series just because I loved the concept of being lost out on a deserted island. However, after watching the first episode I realized that it was really pretty poorly done.

It is so corny, the problems they face are all so hoaxy and unrealistic, they are not facing any of the problems that real lost people would have, their characters are all so dumb...god!

The only reason I kept watching all of season 1 is because they allude to some dinosaur-monster in the first episode (and probably 6th, 15th, etc...) without actually showing it. A very low-class trick but it worked...

So who else is stuck watching this piece of crap series?

Edit [Moderator]: Moved from Film to TV.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,038 • Replies: 13
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 04:27 pm
It's not about man-against-nature.

Go watch Castaway if you want that....
0 Replies

seibentage

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 04:43 pm
I used to watch Lost everytime it came on...i dont anymore...it was a great show its first season...i havent seen any of the second season episodes...thats how good i am lol
i have switched over to a show called House on FOX...thats one of the best shows no TV in my opinion
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 01:26 pm
This actually belongs in the television forum -- not a theatrical released film.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 09:09 am
LOST season 3 starts tonight... I can't freaking wait.

Oh... and I agree with Drewdad. It isn't supposed to mimic "problems that real lost people would." It is more of a mystery/sci-fi show.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 09:12 am
Did you catch the linear recap of the first two seasons last week? It was a good refresher. Can't wait for tonight, got the HD ready and some friends coming over.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 09:14 am
Nice... what time should I be there?
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 09:18 am
We will be throwing some darts before the show so you might want to get here early. Ya don't even have to bring anything, I am making my first batch of chili this season today and just got a fresh keg of Goose Island IPA in the kegerator.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 09:19 am
As you can tell I'm doing it right for the premier.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 09:21 am
Oh man... chili, beer and Lost. Sounds like like good freakin' time to me.
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 11:44 am
I think "LOST" refers more to that sense of depression and malaise of ordinary social people, rather than the physical sense. That's exactly what I like from LOST
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 01:10 pm
I think they named it after the writers.

I watched that last night. They all wound up exactly where they began. Next week, for the first 15 minutes, you will get to watch a recap of them not doing anything again. Then they won't do anything for the next 45 minutes.

As you can tell, I'm fed up with this stupid show. In season 1, possibly underestimating its popularity, they ran the series out of order, in prime time. So you'd be expecting a new episode in week 6, and you'd get to watch week 3 again. Argh.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 01:15 pm
I recently had a minor surgery and took Vicodin right befor the show started. Was I hallucinating or am I totally confused about the weird things that happened on the show last night?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 09:19 pm
I was pretty pissed. So many commercials, I bet there was only twenty minutes of show.
0 Replies