Water softener will not regenerate properly

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 08:29 pm
Hi, I have a question about our water softner. The water in our house smells bad and has high iron content. Our water softener does not seem to finish regenerating and we end up with too much water in the brine tank. We keep cleaning it out, but it won't finish the process. It is called a culligan sensimatic.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,815 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 09:50 pm
Montana -- Welcome to A2k.

I know absolutely nothing about water softeners ... but what I do know is that momentarily (although at this hour it might be tomorrow) an incredibly helpful poster by the name of H2O_man will be along with expert advice, and will probably be able to answer any questions you have about your system. Good luck.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 05:01 am
Thanks Ticomaya Cool

Montana rider, the only experience I have with Culligan is replacing the entire unit... do you have a local Culligan or independent water quality dealer that can check it out for you?

As for the smell: if its an iron/dirt smell a working softener can help.
If it is a rotten egg/ sulfur smell a backwashing filter with Catalytic carbon will reduce or remove the gas.

HTH ~
0 Replies