Is there adifference between EcowaterNorth Star and Rainsoft

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 02:55 pm
Hello Im new to this site and Im looking for a water softener and a RO system. I have seen where Ecowater/North star and been brought up a few times. I was wondering how they compare to Rainsoft(I had the sale rep just come in for a visit today) , but still @ $2400.00 i was wondering if ecowater or north star would be a better option.

Thanks

Mike
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 808 • Replies: 5
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 03:17 pm
IMPO, ecowater or north star would be a better option because they R&D and produce 99.9% of everything they sell.

RainSoft makes nothing! RS uses bastardized low-end Fleck and Autotrol control valves. They are re-badgers and assemblers.
0 Replies

MikeSullivan

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 04:02 pm
Northstar and Rainsoft
H2O_MAN wrote:
IMPO, ecowater or north star would be a better option because they R&D and produce 99.9% of everything they sell.

RainSoft makes nothing! RS uses bastardized low-end Fleck and Autotrol control valves. They are re-badgers and assemblers.

H2O man So whats your saying more or less I can buy a 500.00 North Star a system and it would be equivilent or better than the Rainsoft? In your personal opinion? Im new to this water softner thin so Im looking to get the best inexpensive unit out there.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 04:31 pm
Re: Northstar and Rainsoft
MikeSullivan wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:

H2O man So whats your saying more or less I can buy a 500.00 North Star a system and it would be equivilent or better than the Rainsoft? In your personal opinion? Im new to this water softner thin so Im looking to get the best inexpensive unit out there.

My professional opinion is that for the money, the North Star is easily a better system than what RainSoft offers.
0 Replies

MikeSullivan

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 04:42 pm
H2O man I have a Ecowater guy coming to the house in the next hour or so. I asked him about North Star He called North Star a Sears/ Home depot type of Water softener. Is there questions I should ask him that you can think of? He sells Ecowater and Flex. But the North Star system still has me thinking.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 05:13 pm
ECOwater makes North Star.
ECOwater is the finest residential system available, but it comes with a higher price than some want to pay.
North Star utilizes the same control valve as the ECOwater system without all of the fancy electronics, whistles and bells.
You get what you pay for from both. Compare them and make the call.

HTH ~

EDIT: Tell us how it went ...
0 Replies