2007 Saturn VUE V6 AWD

cjhsa

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 05:52 am
Anybody own one of these? Or a previous model year (redline)? For 2007 the V6 model is using the Honda supplied 3.5L 250HP engine and transmission. We test drove one over the weekend and were pretty impressed - much more so than we were with the similarly priced Honda CRV.

Your comments and insights are appeciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,681 • Replies: 6
No top replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 06:12 am
Went cheaper and got the 05 Vue in an I4 last summer (last one on the lot, lots of extras, weird color, manual trans, very good deal). Don't know anything about the power train in the V6 (new or old), but I've found the ting very useful. Carlike when it's gotta be carlike, practically a small truck when it needs to be (if you throw down a tarp and don't care too much about the interior).

Definitely not a finely made car, though -- there are already a couple of squeaks, and we had to get them to reinstall the rubber lip around the driver's side door because it was leaking wh
en it rained heavily.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 06:43 am
We've had Saturns since we bought our first car 10 years ago, and we're quite pleased with 'em. Did extensive research before buying the first one, and since we bought it in L.A., part of the equation was how steal-able it was (we were considering Toyota Tercel and Honda Civic and they were high on the "most stolen" list). So the fact that it isn't stolen much isn't exactly a ringing endorsement, and we may have gone with another car if we'd lived elsewhere. But really happy with 'em so far.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 06:44 am
Thanks PD. I don't expect perfection. I paid more for my wife's minivan 10 years ago than this vehicle costs loaded.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 06:46 am
(waiting for Slappy to show up and tell me I'm an idiot who should buy a Cayenne instead...)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 01:42 pm
Bump ^ in the road.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 02:04 pm
^^
0 Replies